Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to drink beer all night and not get drunk.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to drink beer all night and not get drunk.

FriJim Koch knows beer. He also knows a beer trick that may change your life.

By Aaron Goldfarb

"That guy from the TV commercials!" That's what they call him, either because they don't know his name, or are by now too drunk to remember it. As the co-founder and chairman of the Boston Beer Company, he has appeared in countless Sam Adams commercials over thirty years. And, while this always-smiling man is a regular guy like you and me while walking the street, the second he enters a bar Jim Koch becomes a celebrity.

RELATED: The Phone Apps That Can Tell You How Drunk You Are

We met at a midtown Manhattan monstrosity called The Keg Room, where at least four people stopped Koch to say hello as we made our way to a table. One apologized for currently drinking something yellow and fizzy as opposed to a Boston Lager as we sat down.

"So many beer lists are poorly arranged, but this is pretty nice," Koch noted. "A good mix of styles, not just a bunch of IPAs like most bars have nowadays."

Seconds later, he learned that one of the two Sam Adams offerings on tap was their new IPA, Rebel. We ordered two, though there was another surprise: they arrived in shaker pint glasses, which "aren't right," he said. "You won't get all the aromatics."

He reached in his bag and withdrew a Perfect Pint glass, the shapely, angle-rimmed piece of glassware his brewery helped design back in 2007 and sent the waiter back to the tap. "I always carry one with me," he said. "You'll see
    " ... I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine, scotch, etc into urine...."

1 glass of water per every 2 beers always helped me!
    Tsk, tsk...

Comment

I always water down the beer before drinking it.

Comment

Non-alcoholic beer would work!

Comment

That's interesting to know.!!

Comment

What's the point of drinking beer if you don't want to get drunk. That's half the fun and watered down beer tastes rank.

Comment

I find that having greasy food with whole fat milk before drinking helps me not get too drunk and I don

Comment

It depends on your body's reaction to alcohol but I agree the drinking water always could also help you last but you have to bear the frequent urge to urinate. Also, beers that are less-alcoholic could help you drinking for longer hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunlap View Post
                  What's the point of drinking beer if you don't want to get drunk. That's half the fun and watered down beer tastes rank.
                  Some people like the taste though.

Comment

drink in a long time like 1 beer per hour will work

Comment

For the sake of your health, I advise you not to drink too much.But if you really have to drink so much beer,there does exist methods to drink but not get drunk(the Chinese way
                      Best wishes!
                      Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 08-07-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X