Vissani Beverage Cooler Thermostat/Fermentation Chiller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vissani Beverage Cooler Thermostat/Fermentation Chiller

After reading through the forums a bit, I know that Vissani really isnt the best brand out there, but I figured I would post my question anyway. I would like to use the cooler as a fermentation chiller.

I just purchased a Visanni Beverage Cooler, Model # MCBC58DST. It has a digital readout of the temperature and a small PC like fan in the back of the unit. The temp. range goes from 35*-54*. My question is, would it be possible to make the range go higher in temps. I have read a lot about people wanting to get cooler temps out of the machine, but I really need it to go to about 70* if it is possible. I have pulled the digital temp. readout and looked for a thermostat adjustment screw but as far as I can tell the unit uses a digital thermometer.

Visanni (a.k.a. Magic Chef) also makes a wine cooler that as far as I can tell is the exact same model as the beverage cooler, just with a temp. range of 42*-64*, so it seems that I should be able to get this to work.

Once again, my ideal temp. range would go from 35ish* to about 70*. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Should I go the External thermostat route? Is there an easier way to mod the internal thermostat to make the temp. range larger?

Thanks in advance!

In my opinion, it is far better and easier to buy an external temperature controller, like a Johnson. All you have to do is run the temperature probe into the unit, plug the Vissani into the Johnson, and the Johnson nto the wall. Just set the stock temperature to the lowest setting and the Johnson will take over from there - easily managing the temperatures you mention.
    2nd hand Danby 645
    Johnson A419 digital temp. Ctrl.
    Dual faucet tower
    MicroMatic premium Dual Primary CO2 Regulator outside with two co2 lines going in
    Minn-Kota water temperature gauge
    Tower fan cooler from ebay
    One tap has a 5' beer line, the other is 10'

1100' elevation

2nd hand Vissani
    Johnson analog temp. ctrl.
    replaced tower with 3" tower from the Danby
    MicroMatic premium Primary CO2 Regulator
    Minn-Kota water temperature gauge
    Tower fan cooler from ebay
    5' beer line

Comment