sticking faucet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticking faucet

just upgraded my kegerator to a dual tap setup and now i'm having problems with just one of the faucets sticking all the time dosnt matter what kind of beer in on that faucet or how often i take it off and clean it within a day it will be stuck closed, could it be a bad faucet or do i have something else going on?

Swap the faucets...see what happens. If it is a bad faucet you should know. However before running out and replacing it, disassemble the faucet completely. Clean it within an inch of its life (use a bore brush and old toothbrush; get into every nook and cranny. THEN...
    take a good hard look at the o-ring. If it looks remotely worn or damaged...toss it. Other than that there is nothing else to inspect or that can go afoul.
    "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
    Gram Parsons

Comment

Per lick faucet time for a upgrade

Comment

Don't forget that your faucet has two tiny holes for air to enter
        You'll need a tiny bit of wire to clean them out.
        I didn't find the second hole for nearly 20 years.

you'll have to look for the two holes as they are not easily found
        Alan in PA

Comment

anyone have a pic of the two holes? The faucet is less than a month old and has been carefully cleaned several times and i have swaped it from one keg to the other will no luck

Comment

Good call on the P e r lick. Never worry about sticking again. But if that's not an option:

The holes...

Can't get a picture but, the first one is through the exterior of the faucet on the inside curve about 1 inch up from where the beer comes out, directly below the moving inside horizontal shaft/piston. Should be easy to see.

the 2nd is inside the faucet; a tad tricky to find. remove the top lever (the piece the tap handle screws on to) and slide/piston. Look directly down the hole...you will see hole #2 (and the first one too for that matter). LOOK HARD..they may be clogged up with gunk. All you will need to clean them out is something like an unbent paperclip if necessary. Happy trails..................
            Gram Parsons

Comment

Sounds like a bad faucet though... you did swap out the entire assembly as you mentioned? If so, try moving just the piston from one faucet to the other. As I see it that is the only moving part and if anything is wrong, it would most probably be there. If Piston "A" from the sticking faucet is installed in Faucet "B" (the unsticky faucet) and Faucet "B" (the good one) now sticks...there is the problem. Or vice/versa. You get the idea.
              Gram Parsons

Comment

there is a site selling a per lick faucet for only 22.99 that is a steel. i love my faucet, it will never stick again and is so smooth and easy to pull and its all stainless steel.

Comment

I noticed the faucet that came with my BM-23 sticks if I don't pull a draft for a couple days. Anybody know what brand of faucet comes with the new BM-23s?

Are per licks (still don't know what that name is blocked here), a good idea to swap in?

Comment

Originally posted by Firebaall View Post
                    I noticed the faucet that came with my BM-23 sticks if I don't pull a draft for a couple days. Anybody know what brand of faucet comes with the new BM-23s?

Are per licks (still don't know what that name is blocked here), a good idea to swap in?
                    Just did that to my own system, my new 575SS (the kind with the foaming feature when you push back on the faucet) just arrived yesterday. After my next cleaning, I'll give you some beta.

Comment

Is the 575 you are talking about a creamer as Per**** calls them? Is there a non foaming position on them as well?
                      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

djc, you're correct. 575SS (the SS stands for Stainless Steel) has three positions: forward for a regular pour, neutral to stop, and push back for foaming. I just played with the action a little bit, and the 'foaming' position is spring-loaded to return it back to neutral. So if you don't want to use the foaming feature it won't get in the way of a regular pour.

The 525SS is the one that has just pour and stop positions. The 575 was only about $5 more, and if I find that that foaming feature doesn't work out, I just won't use it.

I did have to do some research to figure out which model was which. 525xx is non-foaming, 575xx is foaming.

Comment

Originally posted by kceb View Post
                          just upgraded my kegerator to a dual tap setup and now i'm having problems with just one of the faucets sticking all the time dosnt matter what kind of beer in on that faucet or how often i take it off and clean it within a day it will be stuck closed, could it be a bad faucet or do i have something else going on?
                          Beer is like glue when it dries. Trickle hot water over the faucet to soften the glue. Faucet will open freely after this procedure.
                          Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Thanks FCSquid!
                            What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

MM FACUET PLUGS DO A GREAT JOB ON THIS PROMBLEM IF USED CORRECTLY, Fill the facuet plug with warm water place oit on the facuet at the end of the drinking ***iod, and give it a little squezze, this rinse the in side of the facuet and keeps bar flyes from getting in the facuet.
                              L. Tapper

Comment

Working...
                              X