No announcement yet.

Too much head now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the problem is fixed. I had a keg (5.33 gal torpedo) of Fat Tire. I bought the keg cold 3 days before I took delivery of the kegerator. When the kegerator was delivered, I put the keg in and tapped it (yep, let it get warm AND tapped it warm). I finished that keg, and throughout the process, the beer always tasted fine even though it was a PITA to pour because of the foam. I put in a torpedo of Boulevard Wheat straight from the store, it never got warm, and I gave it some time to settle after tapping it. NO FOAM, PERFECT pours.

As far as the tower/lines, it is the vinyl or whatever lines you sell directly from the keg to the tap, no stainless steel lines. The tower is metal and uninsulated. But like I said, even the first pour after a day of sitting is perfect now.

One last thing though, what should the CO2 pressure be for the Boulevard Wheat? I think I have it at 12psi right now.

Comment

Wanted to make a point here to everyone.

The best bear manufacture in the world always suggest not letting the first part of the beer you get touching the glass.

Stella actually calls this step 2 of the pouring ritual "The Sacrafice". I personally take the work of 600 Year Old Brewery.

Do not take my word for it go to http://www.stella-artois.com/main.jsp and read about the pouring ritual under enjoying.

The problem is not with the unit it is with the instructions on pouring.

Comment

JSH--

The faucet gums up because the faucet breather holes are getting clogged. They allow the air to get behind the beer as it flows (much like turning a 2L bottle upside down-needs air behind it to flow). Remove the faucet and check the two breather holes. At a minimum, ream out with a toothpick, but brush out the faucet whenever you can.

Comment

Where are these breather holes? Could you provide a little more detail?

Comment

Working...
          X