make a keg colder in the kegerator??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make a keg colder in the kegerator??

I bought a Danby Chill'n'Tap a few months ago.
    Overall - its been great.
    However, even though the lowest thermostat setting is 36 degrees - it rarely gets the beer that cold.
    Any ideas how I can get the beer colder INSIDE the kegerator?
    Thanks.

Good luck with that unit. I struggled for one for 8 months trying to get colder beer. New sensor, control unit and cursing never accomplished anything. I finally was fed up and took it back to where I purchased it and got my money back. Broke down and bought a True TDD-1 and could not be happier. No more warm beer although I have struggled with foam and CO2 pressure like everyone else.

Comment

Not to rub it in but, I don't have and never had any foam or presure problems (knock on wood) I guess that's one of the benifits of converting a refrigerator, you know how it's put together from the word go and the cooling is designed for more than just a keg so theres no problem getting things cold.

Semper Fi,
      The Gunns

"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin
      Semper Fi,
      The Gunns

"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin
      Im a MicroMatic Beer Fanatic! Are you?

Comment

I never have any foam issues. Probably due to knowing exactly what the beer temperature is and the volumes of gas in the beer being dispensed. Maintain temperature from the keg to the faucet too. Also, keep system clean and replace seals when required.

A refrigerator conversion is normally an inexpensive route to take for successful dispensing.

Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute
        Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

quote:Originally posted by IceCold

I bought a Danby Chill'n'Tap a few months ago.
          Overall - its been great.
          However, even though the lowest thermostat setting is 36 degrees - it rarely gets the beer that cold.
          Any ideas how I can get the beer colder INSIDE the kegerator?
          Thanks.

Even though you posted this back in Feb, you may still check back. Try this: http://forums.the-hole.net/kegerator/danby.htm

Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
          X