Beer Line Size On a Edgestar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Line Size On a Edgestar

Does anyone know what the stock beer line size is on an Edgestar. I want to buy a longer beer line but i do not know the ID. I would measure myself but I currently have a keg tapped.

Thanks.

You'll want 3/16" ID regardless of what came with it, don't worry... it'll fit over a 1/4" barbed fitting. To answer your question it's likely 1/4" ID as that seems to be common with a lot of the residential grade units.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Thanks for the information.. I bought a new hose and fittings from MM today. i will change it out once it arrives.

Comment

For those of you that do not know.. when I recieved my Edgestar kegerator it had some shipping damage... Just before Thanksgiving I noticed the door would not seal up. With the help of family we kicked the keg Thanksgiving night and called Edgestar for a replacement.

My new kegerator should arrive tomorrow and plan to install 3/16"x7' of beer line while i am setting it up.

While I was taking the old one apart I measured the beer line. (1/4"x 5' just incase someone else needs to know.)

I will report back if this helps out my foaming problems......

Comment

Update:

Installed new beer line 3/16".

all is good.... still have a little foam on the first pour (i believe this is caused by my plastic tower. Next mod will be a metal tower.) but after that every pour was good.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadking View Post
            For those of you that do not know.. when I recieved my Edgestar kegerator it had some shipping damage... Just before Thanksgiving I noticed the door would not seal up. With the help of family we kicked the keg Thanksgiving night and called Edgestar for a replacement.

My new kegerator should arrive tomorrow and plan to install 3/16"x7' of beer line while i am setting it up.

While I was taking the old one apart I measured the beer line. (1/4"x 5' just incase someone else needs to know.)

I will report back if this helps out my foaming problems......
            Good call on the 7' of line. Based on the temp and volume of beer that I dipsense, I'm supposed to use 5' of line.

I find that the extra 2' gives it a perfect pour. The beer falls gently into the glass in a steady stream.
            Hail to the Redskins!

Comment

Working...
            X