Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you store a keg at room temperature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you store a keg at room temperature?

I live in Southern California and have a kegerator in the garage. I absolutely LOVE Sam Adams Octoberfest, but because this is a seasonal bear, I can usually only get one keg of it a year. I just got a new keg of Octoberfest and I have a small windows to order another keg, but the problem is that I won't have a refrigerator to store the second Octoberfest keg in. I have heard that you are not able to store a keg at room temperature, but I have also heard that this is a myth. I have also read about pasteurization and how that affects it. I am looking fore some advice here about this keg of Octoberfest.

Thanks for all your help.

It's gotta stay cold. It isn't pasteurized so once it hits around 50*F it's going to start growing bacteria pretty fast. The smell when you tapped it would knock you off your feet.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Agreed. If you want it that bad, maybe you can find a used fridge on craig's list for $50 or $75 to store it until you're ready. Then when you tap it, just get rid of the fridge on Craig's list for whatever you paid for it if you don't want to keep it.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Don't take a chance, keep it cold

Comment

Working...
        X