Ahhhh! Beer won't pour!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhhh! Beer won't pour!

Ok- so I've had the kegerator for almost a year, but just turned it back on for the first time in about 5 months yesterday. Got a keg, tapped it as normal... now the beer will sputter out for a second with a lot of foam and then stop completely.

-PSI in the CO2 tank is at about 700, running at about 13psi to keg.
    -I just cleaned the lines and have checked for any obstructions or kinks.
    -Checked the ball in the coupler, it's moving freely.
    -And- I'm pretty darn sure the keg isn't frozen... I wiggled it around just a bit and heard a bunch of sloshing.

What in the world is going on!?!?

did you forget to turn on the co2 shut off valve on the gas out part of the regulator?

Home Brew IPA

Comment

You mentioned cleaning lines; did that include the faucets as well?
      "Live every week like a shark week."

Comment

I made that mistake!

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
        did you forget to turn on the co2 shut off valve on the gas out part of the regulator?
        Last night, with a new keg of Abita Beer. Thought I might have a CO2 leak, but it was the shut off valve.

It's international Talk Like a Pirate Day! The Official site for International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19
        Have fun, AAARRRR!
        SEAN
        I cool my tower with Beer.
        http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-cid-2297.html

Comment

I didn't clean the faucet... do you think something might be stuck in it??

I'm sure the CO2 is working and flowing to the keg. Took off the coupler and turned it on, felt it coming through coupler.

Comment

Originally posted by bethiny View Post
            I didn't clean the faucet... do you think something might be stuck in it??

I'm sure the CO2 is working and flowing to the keg. Took off the coupler and turned it on, felt it coming through coupler.
            The faucet might be junked up...check out the pictures in this thread:

Probably wouldn't hurt to at least take it apart and see. Not sure if that will solve the problem, but it's another thing to try.
            "Live every week like a shark week."

Comment

Working...
            X