Cider not beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cider not beer

Hi all - newbie here. Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by asking about cider. I just picked up a used Beverage air DD68 with 2 taps off of craigslist and already have my Coors light pooring nicely. One of the conditons of my getting this unit is that my wife would be able to enjoy her Magners Irish Cider on tap. I've ordered the keg (not cheap) and hope to enjoy some this weekend. My question is: Is there anything special I should know about tapping cider? I have the correct tap (U type - same as Guiness), I cleaned the lines and everything on the DD68 seems to be operating correctly. I checked with the distributor and they said it was dispensed just like beer - CO2, 12 - 14 psi. Are there any cider gurus out there? Am I missing anything? Appreciate any and all help as all of this is new to me. I just drink the stuff!!

Sounds like you're set. I've dispensed Strongbow before and had no problems with the same setup you've got. (other than using a different fridge)
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Magners will be fine on a standard beer setup.

Comment

Working...
      X