Nostalgia, beer leak from faucet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia, beer leak from faucet?

My Nostalgia (brand new as of two days ago, and keg first installed yesterday) leaks from the faucet. It tends to stop after a while, but we are talking at least one 16oz cup of beer from the stream, then drip.

Does this mean I have something hooked up incorrectly, or a bad faucet came with my kegerator?

p.s. I don't know what my PSI is, about to go get a psi gauge to read it if this would cause the problem. Temp is 39 degrees inside (without thermostat tweaking).

Sounds like a bad faucet seal. You can try to replace it or replace the entire faucet like I did.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Is it a seal problem if it is leaking out the spout (where you would put your glass)? That is where it is leaking out of the faucet.

Adding to the beer line and and adding the psi gauge was questionable enough. If I have to change out every piece of the unit I may as well take the whole heap back to wally world.

If it's just a bad handle then I guess I'll take it back and pick up another one.

Comment

Bunk walmart doesn't have another one in stock, so I'll have to either get my money back or have them bring one in from online. Too bad I can't force them to reimburse me for the wasted keg.

Comment

i would upgrade to a better kegerator....my compresser broke after 10 months..

Comment

I have the Nostalgia sitting beside my new Danby which flows beer without much foam and just perfect. It could be a degree or two colder, but I'm working on that.

Comment

i figured i would bump this one instead of starting a new one.

I'm having the same problem and i was pretty sure it was the seal. Which seal do i need cuz i only find 1 on micro and i don't know if that's the right one.

any idea if that's the one i would need?

Comment

Working...
              X