Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you clean your lines?

I read this article on the Micro Matics We page:

Cleaning: Do I need to clean the equipment and how often?

Maybe I missed it, (it might be there looking me right in the face) but I did not see the “How often“ answered. The only time frame I saw was "Regularly"

Ok, what is regularly?

Is time the major factor, or is the amount of beer dispensed?

Thanks once again

From the article...
    For residential applications, cleaning should be performed after every keg or at a minimum of every two weeks. Routine cleaning is essential to maintain the quality and fresh taste draft beer has to offer.
    I would venture to say that most just clean after every keg.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

I don't have a set time... I clean after every keg and I haven't had a problem yet.
      Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Kegs last longer than 2 weeks? I've been chugging just to make sure I maintain my cleaning schedule.

Comment

The experts say to clean every two weeks.

Personally, I usually just do the cleaning btwn kegs.

Comment

Should clean the faucet about every 2 weeks but the line after every 1/2 barrel.

Comment

Between kegs for me too!
              Hail to the Redskins!

Comment

between kegs for me. So far kegs last an average of 3 weeks in my house.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

i ordered the cleaning supplies today and have brand new tubing. should i wait to clean the new tubing before i tap the the first keg?

Comment

The further past a two week cleaning cycle a system is cleaned the better chance you have for a bacteria build up which can be difficult to remove. Risky business - particularly when it is relatively easy to clean these systems.

Never hurts to pre-clean a new system.
                    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

How well do these cleaning kits work compaired to the hand pump kits sold on mm. beer line cleaning kit cleaner draft beer keg tap - eBay (item 130234003259 end time Jul-03-08 03:54:51 PDT)

Comment

At least with the hand pump you can create some velocity and agitation. Looks like the one in your link is gravity fed. Not sure you could do anything to increase the velocity.
                        Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Originally posted by mark_ksz View Post
                          How well do these cleaning kits work compaired to the hand pump kits sold on mm. beer line cleaning kit cleaner draft beer keg tap - eBay (item 130234003259 end time Jul-03-08 03:54:51 PDT)
                          I realize that's only $26 up front, but it only comes with a 4oz jar of cleaning solution. I can't imagine that's good for more than 4 cleanings or maybe 8 at most. Then, you have to buy more cleaning solution. If you buy the kit from MM, the cleaning solution it comes with is enough for 32 cleanings, and you get the pump, which generates some force to help remove anything that might be built up in the lines.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I agree with Scott and Cubby - I have the gravity-fed "system" that came with my kegerator, and while it works ok, I would much rather have the pump system that is sold by MM.

With the gravity system, you must hold the bottle upside down and loosen the cap enough to let some air into the bottle so the cleaning solution can start flowing. Of course, solution always drips out near the cap. This method is messy, to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                            X