way too much pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• way too much pressure

I have a Haier kegerater and for a year it worked great. now i can't get the pressure to go below 40 psi....talk about a foaming issue!! what is it? any help would be greatly appreciated.

rw

The pressure on the gauge is reading 40psi? Untap the keg and bleed the pressure from the regulator. then turn the screw to lower the psi, retap the keg and see what the pressure is.
    "If you tap it, they will come."

Comment

thanks

i'll do it tomorrow...sounds like such a no brainer...glad I stumbled on to this site. will update tomorrow!!

Comment

lowest psi

which way does the screw twist to lower the psi? in towards the regulator or away from the regulator?

Comment

Unscrew the set-screw, which is counterclockwise, and will draw it out of the regulator, your pressure on the gauge should drop to zero, if you have a dual gauge regulator, this is the one with the lower numbers.

Comment

forgive my ignorance, please

I do appreciate any suggestions/help, the set-screw is the one that a flat head can fit in. right? I get that one, but what purpose is the nut that is on the outside of it? i am not understanding how moving that nut clockwise or counterclockwise will adjust the pressure....

Comment

It doesn't. Only the screw adjusts the pressure. The nut is there to lock it down after you get it set to where you want it.
              Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

got cha!!

that makes sense...i was told something different and it just didn't make sense to me at all!!! now i'm tracking!! thanks

Comment

Working...
                X