Crimping beer line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimping beer line?

If I order new beer line to run from shank to coupler, how do I attach to the coupler?
    Do I need a crimping tool and something else?

A Wing nut might be nice, but the picture on the micromatic site only show the nut, not anything that you crimp it to?

Even with the wingnut, the hose is either crimped or clamped to the fitting. I'd use hose clamps. They are not as nice looking, but for the home user they are fine.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Right, but if you order the wingnut from Micromatic, does it include the fitting to clamp/crimp to? or just the wingnut and you have to go to a hardware store to buy something to crimp it to?

Thanks

Comment

I believe you need to buy the tailpiece as well. But you should have one now on your existing line that you can reuse. If it is crimped, you can cut the old crimp off by cutting one side with a hacksaw and then install the new hose with clamps. HTH
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Is crimping an absolute nessecity? The reason I'm asking is that I have 3/16" ID line stretched over a 1/4" barbed fitting and I'm wondering if I'm getting air introduced into the line even though I don't have any leaks.
          Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by jumper View Post
            Is crimping an absolute nessecity? The reason I'm asking is that I have 3/16" ID line stretched over a 1/4" barbed fitting and I'm wondering if I'm getting air introduced into the line even though I don't have any leaks.
            I highly doubt it you're getting air into the line, but some worm clamps could ease your mind.

My question was how does bare beer line connect to the coupler?

Comment

I'm using the barbed fittings that came with the unit. It originally had 3 feet of 1/4" line that I removed and threw away. I just took a dremel and cut the ferruls off that the ******* installed. The fittings re-attach to the shank and coupler like the old line did.
              Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
              X