Bud Light and foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud Light and foam

This must be the most asked question and I have read most of the posts and responses. Here is my delima.
    The bud light temp. is 37.9 measured in liquid at the tower with a cal. dig. thermomiter. The CO2 is set at 12 psi. The first glass is always foamy 1/4 beer 3/4 foam. the second is a normal pour with 1 inch of foam. but last night I noticed there are none of the small bubbles comming from the bottom of the glass that I get at my local bar. I read here about the "co2 breaking out" is this if the co2 is to high or to low? I know if the pressure is to low the beer will go flat in the keg and I do not want that. Is what I am experiencing normal. The line from the keg tap to the beer tap is Sanyo stock and is 3/16 and is 5 feet long and all but 12 inches is coiled on top of the keg the one foot is in the tower of course.

please help

I had the same problem with my Sanyo, here is what I have done so far:

1. I ordered an extra 5ft of 3/16th tubing and a splice and two clamps. I than coiled it along side the bottom and cut it off in one foot sections until I got the flow just right.

2. If your Sanyo is like mine than it came with a single guage CO2 reg, I noticed that it would swing like crazy when I poured beers. So I ordered a double guage reg from Micro Matic, this kept the PSI right were it needs to be.

3. My next project is a blower for the tower, I have all the parts that I need.

What I have done has already reduced the foam to about 1/3 of a cup on the first pour. As for the CO2 breaking out, mine seems to do it more as the beer warms up. You can buy all of the parts from this web site and search the forum like I did and get all of the answers, these guys are a great help.

Comment

foam

Thanks I will add 5 feet of line then start cutiing back and see if this helps.

Comment

no more extra foam

I added 5 feet of line and raised the pressure from 12 to 15 lbs and get 1 in of perfect foam even on the first pour at 37 F. I am so happy not to have to drink all this "TEST BEER" if you know what I mean.

Comment

I am happy that it worked for you. If you have any other problems just use the search function and you will get all of the answers you will need. Have fun and cheers.

Comment

FYI tiny bubbles breaking free from the bottom or sides of the glass indicates a contaminate or defect in the glass.

Comment

Man this thread makes me worry for my kegerators maiden voyage this saturday;'( And I am also gonna have a half of bud light. I am installing the blower tomorrow and then firing her back up. I have a new danby made in november last year and it hits 30 degrees stock so temp isnt gonna be a problem.

Comment

Don't be worried

I found that if I let the keg settle for a day or two before tapping it is good to go. If you still have the stock 5ft 3/16th line you may have to back the psi down a little, so it does not shoot out. I would order another 5ft section of line, than put the psi back up between 14 and 15 psi. Cut 1 foot sections off until the flow is right where you want it. When I ordered the extra line, Micro Matic got it to me quick. Hope this helps.

Comment

I dont have the time to order hose online. I am having a st pattys drinkathon this saturday and its my first keg. I am installing my blower tonight and picking the keg up tomorrow. What would you suggest backing it down to? And would lowes or home depot have a make shift hose I could use in a pinch?

Comment

A hardware store will probably carry beverage grade vinyl or tygon tubing so you can get it tuned in before St. Patty's Day.
                    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

quick fix

I know that my Lowes has tubing you would have to check to see if it is food grade. The only problem you might have is the splice and clamps. I don't know if the have 3/16in splices, they might have somthing though. As far as backing the pressure down, it trial and error. I went down between 9 and 10 PSI's just so the beer did not shoot out. It did not really effect the keg for the couple of days it took to get my order. I hope this helps, cheers.

Comment

Bud Light and foam

I have had small bubbles rising to the top of my beer glass after I pour. Does this mean that I have co2 that has broken out into my beer? This happens even when I use plastic cups! I notice that when I go to the bar and get a beer, I don't have the small bubbles rising to the top. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? Thanks for the info!

Comment

Tubing is so cheap I didn't bother with the PITA of splicing it, just installed an entire new length. I'd suggest that if you're unable to find any suitable barbed splices.
                          Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by beerdrinker13 View Post
                            I have had small bubbles rising to the top of my beer glass after I pour. Does this mean that I have co2 that has broken out into my beer? This happens even when I use plastic cups! I notice that when I go to the bar and get a beer, I don't have the small bubbles rising to the top. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? Thanks for the info!

Yes that is the CO2 breaking free, but no it's not an idication of a storage or dispense problem. It only means that you have something stuck there in the glass (dirty) or there is a scratch. Bars often sanitize their glasses between uses with a special cleaner and only run it through the actual dishwasher every so often. Try washing your glass at home in the sink with very little to no dish soap (or get beer glass cleaner). Shake the majority of the water out but don't wipe the inside with anything. Pour a beer in that glass and pour another into one you ran through the dishwasher and compare the two.

Comment

say a little prayer for me friends half of bud light is in the danby.;( I am more worried about hose length then anything I got a blower set up and did the 33k resistor mod.

Comment

Working...
                              X