A lot of foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of foam

I purchased a Danby kegerator and a 5 lb c02 container seperatly. I have everything hooked up properly but I get a lot of foam everytime I dispense a beer.

The guy at the store told me to bleed it and readjust the valves and not to be affraid to crank it up to 20lbs on my regulator. But it's still foaming up a lot.

Any suggestions?

I have a large keg of Bud Light I would like to enjoy without too much wait.

Well first off your going to need to get your beer temp. to 38 deg. And set your co2 to about 12psi and get back to us.
    EVERYONE SHOULD BELIEVE IN SOMETHING, I BELIEVE I WILL HAVE ANOTHER BEER

Comment

If you're getting a ton of foam more pressure is typically the last thing you want.
      Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

If it's the DKC645 welcome to the wonderful world of danby. start here, http://www.micromatic.com/forum/us-e...ght=danby+mods And if this seems a little to much you may be able to return it if it's new. If not there are lots of helpful posts here about making the danby an excellent kegerator.

Comment

Thanks for all of the help.

Ok, the temperature is 38 degrees and the pressure is at 10 plus or minus a hair.

This is what the guy at the shop told me to do - "Do not be afraid to crank it up to 20 if need be."

But when I do that, it comes out like a geyser!!

The direction he said to do is as follows -

1- Turn off c02 tank
          2- Turn the control screw on the regulator counterclockwise one full turn
          3- Relieve the keg pressure till gauge goes down to zero
          4- Turn c02 back on
          5- Slowly turn the regulator control screw clockwise until low side of gauge reads 2 to 3 lbs.
          6- Increase flow of beer by using the control screw until beer is flowing properly. The low side pressure is normally no higher than 7 lbs.

I followed these directions carefully and still foams a lot.

So it's now at 38 degrees and 10 lbs. Any suggestions?

P
          Last edited by plugs53; 03-09-2008, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Is the beer temp 38 deg or the danby showing 38 deg on the display? Don't trust the danby display. Beer temp must be checked after it's poured into the glass, second pour, done quick, using a calibrated thermometer.

Comment

I think I finally got it. All trial and error course.

Yes the temperature is bang on. I put another inside to make sure.

Comment

I will keep you posted.

Ok, here is a stupid question, how many glasses of beer on average do you get on a half keg??

P
                Last edited by plugs53; 03-09-2008, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Depends on what size mug / glass your using. You'll get 4 times as many 8oz glass fulls than 32oz mug fulls. There's 15.5 gallons of beer in there @ 128 oz per gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by lunkhead View Post
                    Depends on what size mug / glass your using. You'll get 4 times as many 8oz glass fulls than 32oz mug fulls. There's 15.5 gallons of beer in there @ 128 oz per gallon.
                    Good information. It seems to working good now. I gues it's a trial and error thing until you get it just right.

Thanks for all the help.

I will stay in touch.

P

Comment

Into my second keg. No problems --- yet!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X