Flojet Beer Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flojet Beer Pump

Hi, Im asking for help if anyone has any experience with electrics?

Im currently trying to get a flojet beer pump to work without a use of a faucet, i.e. electrically. I have developed timer circuits and am trying to figure out how i can send a pulse to the beer pump to open for a set amount of time, according to the timers i have.

Anyone have any ideas?

From what I read on the flow jets these are gas driven mechcanical pumps. Are you electricly trying to control gas to the pump? What is the trigger to send the pulse to your timer, hand on the faucet? Glass under faucet? Or are you planning on having an open beer line coming out of the pump and when you set a glass under the line this triggers the pump on??

Comment

I am using a push button on the timer circuit to send a pulse. I'm thinking a solenoid valve connected between the timer and pump might work, but am unsure. The idea is not to use a faucet at all, you see

Comment

I'm still not clear on the setup your going for (lunkhead) Is the solenoid valve going to control the gas flow to the pump to make it run and not run??? This flow jet is a gas driven mechcanical pump, correct???

Comment

You want to make the solenoid actuate the beer flow for a set amount of time according to the pre-determined time, correct?
          Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
          X