Nostalgia Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia Question

I have a nostalgia kegerator and in order to keep my foam down I cant turn my co2 higher than 7psi and i know my keg will go bad at that pressure. My temp is 38. I was thinking and my kegerator has a 3' beer line hose. I think I might need to order a 10' foot 3/16ID and take off a little at a time as well as get my co2 to 12-13psi. Right now if I bump my co2 to 12psi I get way too much foam. Any suggestions welcome. Oh yea does micromatic sell a 10' beer line? Or should I go with a 5' and try that?

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by Bud Light; 02-22-2008, 12:55 AM.
    EVERYONE SHOULD BELIEVE IN SOMETHING, I BELIEVE I WILL HAVE ANOTHER BEER

Micro Matic sells five footers already made up, or you can buy by the foot and put your own ends on. http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...s-cid-365.html
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Is that the temp of the beer (or foam) coming out of the tap or the temp of the keg or kegerator? Warm beer will produce a lot of foam almost regardless of pressure...
      Last edited by isett; 03-05-2008, 10:33 AM.

Comment

It is the temp of the beer in my glass when I pour it. I also have a glass of water sitting on top of my keg with a therm. in the glass.

Comment

you didn't say what kind of beer... but I'm guessing from your handle it's Bud Light. American light beers always seem to have more foaming problems without a PERFECT set up. You definitely need a longer beer line.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

The only problem is that the beer lines that MM sell do not have the same hook up on the coupler as my does. I am guessing that I will have to buy the 5' 3/16ID beer line and put a fitting on my original beer line to join the tow together. I have a Nostalgia Kegerator and i have bud light in it.

Comment

how are you reading your psi? did you get the dual guage regulator? I bought a ten foot 3/16" line and it has a perfect flow with bud light. but bear in mind i also bought the premium ss regulator, low profile tap coupler, and ss shank and tap faucet all from micro matic as well as the 5/16" id gas line so i have a completely mm setup. i would suggest you do this too so when you do have to change out parts, it is easier since nostalgia doesnt use standard sizes for anything and mm does for everything. but yeah its the line length and check actual beer temp in the glass

Comment

MM sells vinyl beer line by the foot. Buy the length you think you'll need, I'd suggest 8 feet and trim-until-right. I have the same fridge, I just took a dremel and cut the original ferrules off to remove the ******* line completely and then slipped the new line onto the barbed fittings. Worked like a champ.
                Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I bought a 7' 3/16id beer line and shank. It works perfect. Yes the Nostalgia has some odd stuff on them. Like for example, to order a beer line from mm you have to change out everything on the beer side of the system. But anyways thanks for the help and info.

Comment

Working...
                  X