Danby Temp Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danby Temp Problem

I've got a danby DKC644BLS-1. This unit has given me so many headaches. I got it from a friend who hadn't used it in a year or two. The stinger on it was cracked and had to pay to get it soldered and recharged (on top of ports being out in to allow it to be recharged). After that went in, the repair place said there was a restriction and had to replace the dryer(sp?). Now that it's cooling the display wasn't showing up properly (missing a line from one of the digits). Put a 1/2 barrel in and tapped it. After a couple days we had a party and all we had was 1/2 to 3/4 foam pours. I got online and did some trouble shooting. Ordered a cold pour tower cooler and increased my line length from 4->9 ft. The coldest beer temp (done the right way with a calibrated therm and on the second glass) I've ever gotten was 43. I've got the kegerator set to 36 and it says on the unit it's 37 &38 at times although I've got my calibrated temp on another therm that says it's 47. I believe the later because at that time the beer temp was 49. PSI the whole time has been 13. My question is how to get this thing colder? I'm at a loss. It's got plenty of air flow room (in the back and sides of unit, on a hard floor, not carpet) and the seal around the door is fine too. Tried popping the temp sensor off and putting it in a water cup within the unit with the same result. Btw the line and tower cooler work great but I know that foam situation won't be it's best until I can get this temp down. Please help. Thank in advance.

Also not sure why but it rotated all my photos 90 degrees??
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    Last edited by mtmaeger; 05-28-2017, 07:39 AM.

The temperature sensing ability of these has always been off. There are a couple of methods people have used. One is bypassing the Danby controls and the other is putting a resister in parallel with the Danby sensor. You should be able to find examples of both of those methods on the forums here.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Update. Some how moving the keg around to get to my temp sensor my co2 line to my tap came loose and drain the full bottle. The keg has only been flat one day and the next bottle will be installed today. Reason for the one day delay on getting a new one was no one is open Memorial Day. The question is will the beer re-carb after a new on is hooked up?

Comment

Yes, it will carbonate again. It should be fine.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by psychodad View Post
          The temperature sensing ability of these has always been off. There are a couple of methods people have used. One is bypassing the Danby controls and the other is putting a resister in parallel with the Danby sensor. You should be able to find examples of both of those methods on the forums here.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll give it a try with the Danby sensor.
          Last edited by Jerome Sinclair; 08-20-2017, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X