MDD-23 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDD-23 Question

Purchased a used MDD-23 last week and finally have this bad boy up and running to replace my BC-1206.

What a great machine. The beer is cold and this thing is running like a champ. I will say it is definitely much louder than my Sanyo was however but it just feels much more well built and sturdy.

My question is regarding the compressor. Currently it kicks on every ~10-15 minutes for a few minutes. Does this sound normal? In that time the beer will move from 35 back up to around 40 before the compressor kicks back on. Thoughts?

I did the flashlight test and noticed a small area where a tiny bit of light escapes in the corner of the door. I'm assuming i'll need a new door seal? Does anyone know if MicroMatic sells these? How much do they run?

Thanks!
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    - The most interesting man in the world.

That cycle times are in the normal range. You might be able to adjust the hinges to get a tight seal if not a new gasket is required. Goolge for suppliers.

Comment

And to be clear, your beer temp is not moving from 35 to 40 in 10 minutes, it is your air temp doing that. Proper balance is all about the beer temp, air temp gives you a range which will yield a consistent liquid temp.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
        And to be clear, your beer temp is not moving from 35 to 40 in 10 minutes, it is your air temp doing that. Proper balance is all about the beer temp, air temp gives you a range which will yield a consistent liquid temp.
        Yep agreed. The beer stays pretty constant at around 38. The AIR temp varies from 34-40 as the compressor cycles on and off. I spoke to a MM tech today who mentioned this is in the normal range.

Comment

I also timed the cycles officially last night and found the evap fan runs consistently, and the compressor runs anywhere from 20 mins to about 35-40 at times. In between the rest period is somewhere around 20-35 minutes. I ordered a new door gasket today and will install as soon as it arrives.

Comment

Working...
          X