Used to be perfect, now there is foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used to be perfect, now there is foam

I've got a 1/6 barrel of SBC IPA and it is very tasty, but I sure am having some foam issues. The first pour is almost completely foam, and this was not the case on my last 1/4 barrel of IPA. Specs: kegerator with 2 circulation fans (one with a long hose to pump cold air into the PVC where I have run my line to a wall tap. The PVC is insulated with insulation wrap. Temp in the kegerator is 36-37 degrees. I have a Perlick SS faucet that I bought to eliminate the foam issues. It has developed a drip that might or might not be related to the foaming problem. The drip occurs after a pour and it drips 10-15 times before it stops, it used to only drip two times. I have 10 feet of line and my PSI is 13-14.

What should I do? I hate wasting perfectly good beer, especially the $$$ kind.

Thank you in advance!!

The temp in the kegerator doesn't matter, what is the beer temp? What is the volumes of CO2 for the beer you are pouring? Those two pieces of information will let you use a force carbonation chart to determine the correct pressure to apply. Does the cooling line in the PVC go all the way to the shanks? Is there adequate room for the return air to exit the PVC back into the unit? Have you disassembled and cleaned everything recently?
    Last edited by djc; 02-21-2017, 04:48 PM.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

What should I use to measure beer temp? I'm not sure about the volumes of CO2 is, I guess I need to find out. The cooling line goes all the way and there is a fair amount of room in the PVC for return air. I haven't disassembled, but this setup isn't very old at all (just a few months).

Comment

Working...
      X