Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverage Air B23-B protective mat

Greetings All,
    I have been stalking the forums while assembling my brand new Beverage Air B23-B with 3" Dual Tower and Perlick faucets. Got everything assembled and have managed to balance the beer using methods I learnt from these forums, by dialing in pressure via temperature and v/v of co2 used for the beer. So far so good, not far off from a perfect pour.

Something I have noticed though is that by moving the keg in and out of the unit, is that it's starting to scratch the interior of the unit, though I try to lift it in and out as carefully as possible I already have quite a few scratches. Does anyone know of a good rubber mat or surface that I can line the bottom of the unit, something which will not mold and is durable.

Thanks in advance!

Check out the interlocking mats I have in my bm23 in my YouTube video link in my signature line. I like them nice and sturdy and leave room for air underneath of the keg.
    What I got:
    Beverage Air #BM23
    with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
    -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
    -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
    -MM S/S Keg Couplers
    YouTube video of the goods

Comment

Thanks PointPleasentNJBeerguy will do!! What brand did you use and how many did you need for the BM23?

Comment

Originally posted by ldobson View Post
        Thanks PointPleasentNJBeerguy will do!! What brand did you use and how many did you need for the BM23?
        The mats I'm using is the San Jamar "Versa Mats" .I used 4 of them. Had to cut three down with some dykes for proper fit.
        I bought them locally at a restaurant supply..But here is a online link selling them rather cheap.There are other brands of this mat but they are kinda flimsy.

San Jamar VM5280BK Versa-Mat 12" x 12" Black Interlocking Bar Matting

Here is a shot of mine installed.
        Last edited by PointPleasantNJBeerguy; 04-19-2014, 07:45 AM.
        What I got:
        Beverage Air #BM23
        -MM S/S Keg Couplers

Comment

That's a very clean setup you have there. Looks like you have the primary regulator strapped to the back wall? I have been fighting to keep my regulator in place but looks like I will need to secure it in some way, as by the time I have a half keg in there, it's a very tight fit! Thanks again for the link to the mats, I`m definitely going to invest in some of those, should have thought about it when I got the unit.

I did lots of research on this unit and your youtube video appeared almost everywhere I looked

Comment

That's a very clean setup you have there. Looks like you have the primary regulator strapped to the back wall? I have been fighting to keep my regulator in place but looks like I will need to secure it in some way, as by the time I have a half keg in there, it's a very tight fit! Thanks again for the link to the mats, I`m definitely going to invest in some of those, should have thought about it when I got the unit.

I did lots of research on this unit and your youtube video appeared almost everywhere I looked
            Thanks....
            Your unit should of came with a spring to hook the co2 tank and regulator into back corner..If not Bev air will send you one since unit is brand new..The secondary regulators I have screwed to back wall of unit.
            What I got:
            Beverage Air #BM23
            -MM S/S Keg Couplers

Comment

I have four I/4" x 1-1/2" wood lath stakes cut to fit on the bottom of my BM 23. I lay them, equally spaced, on the floor of the unit parallel to the sides. The keg slides nicely on the wood surface and they are slightly higher than the small "threshold" piece at the front of the unit. They are available from lumber yards or surveyors' supply stores and are cheap enough to just throw away and replace if they get too nasty looking.

Comment

Originally posted by aerovan View Post
                I have four I/4" x 1-1/2" wood lath stakes cut to fit on the bottom of my BM 23. I lay them, equally spaced, on the floor of the unit parallel to the sides. The keg slides nicely on the wood surface and they are slightly higher than the small "threshold" piece at the front of the unit. They are available from lumber yards or surveyors' supply stores and are cheap enough to just throw away and replace if they get too nasty looking.
                Thanks for the suggestion aerovan, much appreciated!, I can see how that could work.

I am going to try the rubber matting first and see where that takes me, hopefully won't need a lot of cutting to make it work, but it might leave that threshold strip at the front unprotected, but at least should prevent scratches on the floor of the unit. This is more of an issue when lugging around a 15.5 half keg, I will probably move to small kegs in the future, since this is dual product, so hopefully less wear and tear in general.

Comment

Originally posted by PointPleasantNJBeerguy View Post
                  Thanks....
                  Your unit should of came with a spring to hook the co2 tank and regulator into back corner..If not Bev air will send you one since unit is brand new..The secondary regulators I have screwed to back wall of unit.
                  Your right, but in my rush to get everything set up, I have the gas lines coming over the top of that hook, need to rearrange everything when I install the mats! Could do to have have just a little more clearence on that shelf too so I don't have to angle the reg!

Comment

Your right, but in my rush to get everything set up, I have the gas lines coming over the top of that hook, need to rearrange everything when I install the mats! Could do to have have just a little more clearence on that shelf too so I don't have to angle the reg!
                    Yeah not sure why bevair engineered the unit a hair to short for the regulator to stand up properly.
                    And on the mats you can't cover the front door threshold, the door closes past the threshold.Will jam up.So if your lifting 1/2s the threshold will take some abuse if you can't lift keg over.
                    What I got:
                    Beverage Air #BM23
                    -MM S/S Keg Couplers

Comment

Yeah PointPleasantNJBeerguy that did that trick, got it installed this weekend and does the Job, Thanks again! Unfortunately in my haste to get everything back up and running, the regulator must have got moved and the connection loose enough to spew all my C02, emptying the tank, High pressure gauge reads 0, either that or I have a leak somewhere, Either way I`ll be picking up a refill tomorrow.

Here is the final result:

IMG_0645.jpg
                      IMG_0647.jpg
                      Last edited by ldobson; 05-04-2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Looks good. And I'm glad some one on this forum finally follows up with the results after asking questions. Unlike most one and dones..
                        What I got:
                        Beverage Air #BM23
                        -MM S/S Keg Couplers

Comment

Do you mind posting what the dimensions of the finished mat is? I ordered a BM23 and would like to put a mat in there, but I was going to see if I could find one that I didn't need to cut to size. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X