Where do you refill your CO2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC/Northern Virginia?

Anyone filled up their C02 cylinder in DC or Northern Virginia?

Comment

Dallas / Fort Worth , Texas Co2 Refill

We have had a number of people ask us about refilling Keg Co2 Bottles in the Dallas Fort Worth Area. The answer is yes, we can refill Keg bottle at any of our four locations around the DFW area. Our Co2 is a high grade and stored in aluminum cylinders, which means no rust in the Co2. Average Co2 refill takes about 5 minutes and can be done while you wait. For more information please contact any of our stores.

Paintball Player’s Supply HQ
      Lake Worth
      4224 Karen Lane
      Lake Worth Texas 76135
      (817)237-0299

Paintball Player’s Supply
      of Mid Cities
      North Richland Hills
      8703 Bedford Euless Rd.
      NRH, Texas 76053
      (817)284-0844

Paintball Players Supply of Grapevine
      600 W NorthWest Hwy
      Grapevine, Texas 76051
      (817) 310-3005

Paintball Players Supply Of Weatherford
      922 S. Main Street
      Weatherford, Texas 76086
      (817)594-5530

Paintball Player Supply - Fun On The Run Paintball ParkFun On The Run Paintball Park - Paintball Players Supply
      info@paintballplayerssupply.com

Comment

I went to a place that fills fire extinguishers. (Called Oxygen Supply Co.) In an industrial park near where I work in Jersey. They charged me 12 bucks for my 5LB tank. He also had all kinds of beer tap equipment if I was ever in need of an emergency repair. You might check that type of place out.

Comment

For those north of DFW, I suggest Furguson Gasses. They're a welding supply and industrial gas shop, but they keep a stock of tanks specifically for kegerator owners. They're exchange only and it'll cost you $20 for 5# of CO2, but it's well worth it for the ease and proximity for those of us in Collin/Grayson counties.

Ferguson Gases Locations

Comment

On the Eastern Shore / DelMarVa

There is a place in Camden, DE that refills, cost me $15. Will look up the name / addy tomorrow.

Comment

You can also go to any local Homebrew store as they most likely will sell the tanks and refill them. Just make sure you find a place that refills your tank and doesn't just exchange them. You probably spent some "coin" on your aluminum tank and should want it back and not some crappy exchange. Just my 2 cents.

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
              Beer - the 5th food group!

Comment

Originally posted by TAPMAN View Post
                The only problem with beer dist. filling tanks, is most of them only transfer fill. that means you are getting CO2 gas. If you go to a weld supply, they usually are pumping liquid CO2 into the tank, thus giving you more yield from your tank. Tapman
                I exchanged my shiny brand-new aluminum tank for an almost-new shiny aluminum tank at Robert's Oxygen yesterday. The label says it's liquid, and everything in the shop is related to welding pretty much... so I guess I got my $20 worth!

BTW when dealing with Robert's, ask ahead for an aluminum tank. I had called about one the other day and the guy said "yeah we have plenty". When the guy brought my tank out yesterday, it was steel. I asked if I could have an aluminum one, and he said "gee, I'm not sure if I have one". He did have ONE but it was at the bottom of the stack so we had to unpile about a dozen cylinders to get to it. Next time I'll see if I can make sure they have one ready for me...
                "For Barack Obama to argue that he's experienced enough to be president because he's running for president is desperate circular logic and it's laughable."

Comment

Originally posted by sesands View Post
                  Wow, Matt, thank you so much for all the research and info. I really appreciate it, and will look into those sites. I have called a couple welding and fire extinguisher places; about half of them do it, but they are at least 25 minutes from me. Okay, that's no so bad, and at least I know of some sure bets, but it would be nice to have something closer to home. I tried to contact a paintball supply place about 10 mins from here, but haven't gotten a reply. I will definitely check out those sites, though. Thanks again for the help!
                  Where did you end up going in the Springs to get your tank filled? Have you found a good place for hydro tests? I am new to the area and have two tanks that need testing and filling. I called the local AirGas but they want $22 just for a fill. I was paying $8 per tank before moving here.

Scott

Comment

CO2 Refill's

Bars By Bud does it.
                    Address is 8302 Hilltop Rd
                    Fairfax,VA 22041
                    703-573-1010

Comment

Central IL

AEC: Fire, Safety & Security
                      3003 Stanton Ave.
                      Springfield, IL 62703
                      Phone: 217-529-3003 / 1-800-422-2144

$8.50 for 5# refill
                      $17 for testing, if not tested in last 5 years

Comment

Use welding suppliers

I use my local welding supplier. You can arrange for fills and sometimes exchanges. Cost around 15 dollars.

Comment

I use a local welding supply company in New Castle, DE. Cost me $11.00 last month for a 5 lb fill. They fill on the spot, so no exchange which I like.

Brian
                          On Tap: Corny of a Hombrewed American Pale Ale, Corny of Homebrewed Cherry Wheat and Remain of a Miller Lite half tranfered into a Corny! Now an official Homebrewer.

Dead: (7) 1/2's of Miller Lite, (1) 1/2 of Blue Moon (6) 1/6's of Blue Moon, (4) 1/6's of Shocktop (2) 1/6's of Landshark Lager (1) 1/4 Yuengling, (1) 1/6 Victory Summer Love (1) 1/6 of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (1) 1/6 Shipyard Prelude.

Comment

Local homebrew store, What Ale's Ya, 63rd Ave and Bell Rd, Glendale Arizona. On premises refill so no exchange along with great conversation.

6363 W. Bell Rd
                            Glendale, Arizona 85303
                            (623) 486-8016
                            Last edited by whutever; 12-17-2008, 07:59 PM.
                            Beer - the 5th food group!

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajames View Post
                              AEC: Fire, Safety & Security
                              3003 Stanton Ave.
                              Springfield, IL 62703
                              Phone: 217-529-3003 / 1-800-422-2144

$8.50 for 5# refill
                              $17 for testing, if not tested in last 5 years
                              Good price on a refill. I get mine filled at a local paintball shop for $10. I've found a local dive shop that can test for $15, too.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

CO2 Fills

Try out your local fire extinguisher sales/service dealer. I know the one here in town and he is able to fill up mine for me for a good price. Might be worth a try for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X