True Tdd-3 Compressor constantly running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Tdd-3 Compressor constantly running

I recently bought a used tdd-3. Works relatively well. Its cools just fine and the i have played with the temp regulator enough to know it reacts to differet settings.

It was humid in there, so I bought an EVA 500 silica dehumidifier. Now it's bone dry accept for a drip that come through a rusted section just behind the fan in the evaporator box.

Any ideas on what would cause the compressor to run continuously? Low on refrigerant? Evaporator coil frozen over?

Thanks much

There are many factors that would cause the compressor to run continuously. T-Stat, leaks in door seals, low on refrigerant, compressor winding problems, or a myriad of other things.

How much condensation do you have? Is the Unit airtight? Does it respond to turning the T-Stat down? What about at lower settings? What is the coldest air temp? Are the evap fans running?

Comment

The unit is not exactly airtight. The door gaskets are next to be replaced. T-stat has been replaced recently and responds to changes in setting. Coldest airtemp is 34*F. I have it at ~39*F at the moment. There was quite a bit of condensation inside,~8 oz per day coming from the aforementioned drip. Now there's considerably less, presumably bc of the addition of the EVA 500 dehumidifiers. The weathe has cooled considerably in the last 2 weeks as well. The evap fans are running.

Apart from replacing the door gaskets, any ideas on what to check next?

Comment

BrewGuru - Ordered gaskets from eTundra. Checked with the account rep (gave him the serial number of the unit et al) and he confirmed the correct item to order. I received them, and installed one tonight by just removing the existing and pressing the new gasket into place. It seems the gasket is the right shape but is a bit "thick" and the door doesn't close properly. Is there a way to condition new gaskets? If so, can you point me in the right direction? Can't seem to track down information easily.

Thanks!

Comment

Often this is just a case of the door not being plumb and true, which requires basically bending the door to the right shape using a little torsional force to massage it the way you want it to go, is the gap large on the top or the bottom of the door on the outside? If the gaps are on the inside, could be a mounting problem, but outside probably just needs a little adjustment.

Comment

Hi protoplasm,

I'm looking for buy used True TDD-3, may you tell me how much you bought for it? thanks a lot

Comment

Last time he was here was over 6 years ago on this thread. I'm going to guess he isn't gonna answer. Every time I say that, the person wakes from the dead.
              What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
              X