No announcement yet.

Where to Find Cheapest Kegs In South Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Brewery in Philadelphia....Flying Fish?

Yeah what is 1/2 Union? I Googled it with no results!

Thanks for that price list, major help!

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
      My guess is that $62 is probably for a 1/6 barrel of Sam Adams. I hate 1/6 barrels. 1/3 of the beer for (typically) 1/2 the price of a 1/2 barrel.
      Your right, it is a 1/6. I hate them too but a 1/2 is too much and nothing good comes in a 1/4 (except Yuengling, but I've grown tired of it). I may just bite it and go for the half.

Cubby,
      What's your thought on a pale ale or pilsner on tap for 5 or 6 months? They aren't very hoppy, but do have some hop flavor to them.
      "No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
      -John Churchill, First Duke of Marlborough

Comment

Originally posted by aspinallar View Post
        There's some beer there for close to $100 a case! does anyone actually buy that stuff?
        Yes. I recently bought four 4pks of Founders KBS @ $20 a 4pk. So that beer was $120 a case. Just the other day I drank a bottle of Mikkellar 1000 IBU. It was $11.99 for one 12oz bottle. I also recently purchased a bottle of Great Divide Barrel Aged Yeti for $25 for a 750ml bottle. A beer/wine store me had 2 bottles of Brewdog Zephyr for sale at $100 each. I did not buy one of those, but they sold them withing about 15 minutes of posting them on-line. Also, the same store sold 12 bottles of Sam Adams Utopias at $150 per bottle without even putting them on the shelf. They had a waiting list as long as my arm.

Anyone who uses the phrase "Champagne tastes on a beer budget" doesn't know jack about beer.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Originally posted by jlopez77 View Post
          Cubby,
          What's your thought on a pale ale or pilsner on tap for 5 or 6 months? They aren't very hoppy, but do have some hop flavor to them.
          Depends on the Pale Ale or Pilsner. Some of them can be quite hoppy. I would probably be fine with either style at up to about 4 months old at most. Like I said, depends on the individual beer, though.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I wish more places would provide a price list like that. I asked at a "Joe Canal's" and you would have thought I was asking for their first born.

No idea what the 1/2 Union is... I have bought at the Total Wine in De and they don't have that on their list. The prices in DE stores are considerably higher as well.

Brian

Originally posted by 81david View Post
            Which Brewery in Philadelphia....Flying Fish?

Yeah what is 1/2 Union? I Googled it with no results!

Thanks for that price list, major help!
            On Tap: Corny of a Hombrewed American Pale Ale, Corny of Homebrewed Cherry Wheat and Remain of a Miller Lite half tranfered into a Corny! Now an official Homebrewer.

Dead: (7) 1/2's of Miller Lite, (1) 1/2 of Blue Moon (6) 1/6's of Blue Moon, (4) 1/6's of Shocktop (2) 1/6's of Landshark Lager (1) 1/4 Yuengling, (1) 1/6 Victory Summer Love (1) 1/6 of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (1) 1/6 Shipyard Prelude.

Comment

Let's see......
              $150 a bottle x 165 bottles in a half = $24,780 per half - barrel

Amazing!
              Alan in PA

Comment

I live In Winslow and get my 1/6 Kegs at Canal's in Berlin. They can order just about anything. Here's their price list of a couple of the sixtels they routinely carry. I just had them order 1/6 keg of Hopfish IPA (Flying Fish) a couple of weeks ago and I think it was $53.00. I love Stone's Arrogant Bastard, but at $93.00 I'll stick to buying it in the 22 oz bottles for under $5.00.
                Troegs Hopback - $71
                Stone IPA - $87
                Old Brown Dog Ale - $64
                Dogfish 60 min - $82
                Victory Hopdevil - $66
                Flying Dog Pale Ale - $69
                Sly Fox Pilsner - $70
                Stone Arrogant Bastard - $93
                Allagash White - $71
                Magic Hat #9 - $59.99

Comment

Hey,

I am right around the corner from you in Atco. I shop at that Canal's probably once per week and it is where I get all my kegs from! Great microbrew selection there. Thanks for your post. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  X