How-To: 2.5" ID Tower Hole for Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-To: 2.5" ID Tower Hole for Cooling

This is a write up on how-to do convert your 1.5" existing tower hole to a 2.5" ID tower hole with pictures and explained in detail. Step by step.I did stage one of the cooling process and thats making the opening bigger from the kegerator to the tower. Next to come is the blower install itself so look forward to that. Pictures and how i did it.

1. Made a jig
    2. Disassembled Everything and bolted the metal bracket to the jig and cut a 3" hole with a 3" bi-metal hole saw.
    3. Unbolted the metal tower bracket from the jig and bolted it back on the kegerator. Used the bracket as a jig and expanded the existing hole to a 3" hole with the 3" inch hole saw (note: cut through the top metal and the insulation, not the bottom plastic yet.)
    4. Switch to a 2.5" hole saw and now expand the bottom plastic hole to 2.5" using the old existing center pipe as a jig. (note: the stock plastic pipe fits perfectly into the existing hole on the bottom of the top and the black edge fits perfectly into a 2.5" hole saw creating a perfect jig.)

5. Slide your 2.5" ID pipe into the hole and you have a perfect fit!
    Last edited by Kevsta96; 10-04-2008, 01:46 AM.

6. Silicon around the pipe and the bottom edge of the pipe and stick it into position to dry.
    7. (Optional) Sprayed insulating foam sealant under and around the metal tower bracket and let dry. This stuff is good.

8. Attached the wood jig to the actual top cover piece of the kegerator and drilled a 3" hole.
    9. Sand all the plastic a rough edges of your cuts with 150+ sand paper and this is what you get.

10. Put everything back together and your done!

Comment

Nice work. Thanks for the post. This would be VERY handy if someone wanted to increase the ID of their kegerator tower hole to accomodate extra taps (homebrew,sixtesl) and still get good airflow return from their blower.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Hey anything to help out around here. I couldnt find a how-to on the site so i desided to make one.

Comment

Nicely done... how-to guides with quality work like that are much appreciated.

Perhaps a few of the more useful install guides and brand-specific posts could be stickied in this forum?
          Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
          X