Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Condensation/Water forming in Kegerator!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensation/Water forming in Kegerator!!!

Hey all,

I have just purchased a 3 year old Kenmore kegerator that has water collecting on floor inside. It is basically dripping from the cold plate which is main source for cooling the unit. I believe the Sanyo model BC-1206 is identical to this Kenmore unit

The kegerator is set up in my garage, which is stays around 60-70 degrees. The kegerator does maintain a consistent temp (@ 40 degrees) and compressor seems to run, cycle on and off as it should. The water collecting inside is Annoying to say the least!

The kegerator is not a "auto defrost" unit but it almost seems like that is exactly what it is doing!!!!!!!

Has anyone had any similar problems with this? Any suggestions?
    Thanks much!!

I want to add to these questions...

I've noticed the same problem in my TDD-1, maybe not real bad though, I see water dripping from the hose that goes up into the tower and cools the tower. The drip pan underneath the kegerator works well and catches a fair amount of water, but I did notice some water condensating from that tower cooling tube, is this normal as well?

Do you think our issue is due to we keep it out in the garage and it gets warm out there?
    "When the Okies left Oklahoma and went to California, the average intelligence of both states went up." -Will Rogers

Comment

Check the seals?
      "For Barack Obama to argue that he's experienced enough to be president because he's running for president is desperate circular logic and it's laughable."

Comment

In mine, the seals are fine, its water condensating, dripping off the tube that cools the tower...so my guess is its a lot colder in the kegerator than the tower? Causing some dripping, but should be a big deal, just wanted some confirmation?
        "When the Okies left Oklahoma and went to California, the average intelligence of both states went up." -Will Rogers

Comment

My seals seem to be ok. I'm just afraid of something more serious or that it is typical trait of this type unit.
          I do not have any dripping from tower, although it is defintely warmer temp in tower than in unit. That could be why yours id doing that BP.
          My water collecting on floor is coming directly from cold plate that is in the rear of the unit.
          I'm sure warm garage does play some role, but it only should effect if you open and close door often, which I do not.
          Thanks!

Comment

If its not an auto defrost unit I would guess you have an air-leak somewhere.
            Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Thanks j.
              I will check door seals again.
              I think it might be something else.

Comment

Ok keep us updated tcbosco, I hope mine is just that tower being warmer than below and dripping some condensation down...but if you find other issues I will check mine out as well, to make sure I'm ok there.

Comment

I would think that there would be a drain line inside to collect any water dripping off the cooling plate and running the water to a catch pan under the unit. At least the Danby's are set up this way. As for the tower there should be a layer of insulation on the inside to keep the tower from getting to cold then forming condensation.

Comment

Kenmore doesnt have drip pan set-up. Would be less of issue if it did.
                    Nope, water just collects on floor, no where else to go.
                    My tower is insulated, but thats not where water is coming from. I get a bit of foam on first pour, but nothing I can't live with.
                    Water collecting inside does indeed suck!
                    Not sure what to do about it?!

Comment

water inside unit

I have a True unit (about 10 years old) and I just went through the same thing. The pan below the con. unit inside, once removed had, I would guess dozen's of pin holes. I temp. fixed the problem with a alum. oven liner, only after my sheet metal guy gave me the run around for three weeks.

Comment

Its wierd some pin holes would let that much cold air excape to cause the problem.
                        But i guess it does. I also had a pin hole(I mean barely pierced thru plastic floor liner!) and used caulk to seal it.
                        I will see if it does the trick and keep you posted.

Comment

water inside unit

We May Not Be On The Same Page! I Also Had Water Dripping Inside My Cabinet, But The Problem With Mine Was The Drip Pan Just Below The Cooling Coil's Has The Holes. This Is A Natural Drip With The Drain Line Collecting And Leading To The Pan Below (underneath The Cabinet) . Problem Was Water Never Got To The Hose, It Dripped Through The Pan Instead.

Comment

Yup, different problem.
                            Mine does not have a drip pan.
                            I tuned dowm temp to see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Was this issue ever resolved? I recently got a new keg and cleaned the line. Etc. I been noticing water dripping down and outside my kegerator. I opened up the door and see the cold plate dripping wet and all my bottles are wet. The temp is fine and have no issues pouring beer. I have a Sanyo

Comment

Working...
                              X