New Beer Line Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Beer Line Purchase

Are these the pieces I need to make a 7' beer line for my TDD-1?
    Please see the attachment of my cart purchase below...

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    "When the Okies left Oklahoma and went to California, the average intelligence of both states went up." -Will Rogers

can't you just use the existing hardware and just replace the line?

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I guess I could do that, remember Cubby, I'm a noobie, this is my first kegerator and I'm just experienced in drinking the beer not serving it, so its all new to me, what do I need to do to take apart the current line and rebuild with the new line? I don't see the steel clamps on mine, so would I just pull the hex's out of the tube and reinsert into the new line?

Can I get that line at Home Depot or Lowes or something, there is only one brew store here in OKC that I know of, and its on the far south side of town, opposite of where I live, not worth the trip for 7' of line...wonder where I could get it besides that place?

Also Cubby, I don't know what the line is currently, if its 3/16 or not, so how do I know that and if it is or not, how do I know if that hardware will work on 3/16 line if I buy just the line?
      Last edited by BartenderPlease; 09-05-2008, 10:03 AM.
      "When the Okies left Oklahoma and went to California, the average intelligence of both states went up." -Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by BartenderPlease View Post
        I guess I could do that, remember Cubby, I'm a noobie, this is my first kegerator and I'm just experienced in drinking the beer not serving it, so its all new to me, what do I need to do to take apart the current line and rebuild with the new line? I don't see the steel clamps on mine, so would I just pull the hex's out of the tube and reinsert into the new line?

Can I get that line at Home Depot or Lowes or something, there is only one brew store here in OKC that I know of, and its on the far south side of town, opposite of where I live, not worth the trip for 7' of line...wonder where I could get it besides that place?

Also Cubby, I don't know what the line is currently, if its 3/16 or not, so how do I know that and if it is or not, how do I know if that hardware will work on 3/16 line if I buy just the line?
        It's definitely 3/16 that you currently have. That's standard across the board for home kegerators. As far as Homo Depot, not too sure if they carry hose that's OK for beverage use. I know many smaller hardware stores like Ace carry various hoses you can buy by the foot, but again, not sure if they carry any that would be OK to use with consumables. You'd have to ask them about that.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Do not use hardware store tubing it is not meant for beverage use.Beer line has a smoother interior wall to stop bacteria growth.Just get the MM stuff.Dont waste your time with anything else or you will be sorry in the long run.
          What I got:
          Beverage Air #BM23
          with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
          -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
          -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
          -MM S/S Keg Couplers
          YouTube video of the goods

Comment

Correct... standard vinyl tubing extrusions are more porous than a beverage line, causing a host of problems not the least of which is a nice plastic taste in your beer.

I'm using an ultra-high purity laboratory grade Tygon blend right now because that's what I had on hand. Otherwise I'd just buy a length from MM and be done with it knowing I had a good blend for beer use.
            Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Ok, I figured that was the case, but once I get the right stuff, is it a matter of just pulling it off the current line and poping it on the new line?

I've never switched out the line before...

Comment

yeah just just get some s/s hose clamps too and that should be all you need.
                What I got:
                Beverage Air #BM23
                with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
                -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
                -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
                -MM S/S Keg Couplers
                YouTube video of the goods

Comment

Cubby and all,

The beer line that came with my TDD-1 is not like one I would build myself, guess it was done at the manufacturer with some special hardware and tools...there is some print on the hose says this:

TPI EXCELON RNT-1065 PVC 120 F MAX NSF 51
                  Is that 3/16 beer line to you?

Even if it is, its still too short, only 4', I will buy some new lines this week, as I'm planning on maybe switching my tower to a dual faucet tower, so I'll get some new line. I'll start with 7' for each if you all think that is good for two slim 1/4 kegs sharing the same regulator? Or should I just go with 5'?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by BartenderPlease; 09-07-2008, 08:42 PM.

Comment

So these are the pieces I'd need to create my own beer lines? (and the 3/16" line of course)
                    I'm trying to decide if I want to do a dual tap/dual keg system in my TDD-1.
                    I don't know if two 1/4 slim barrels will fit inside it or not?

Last edited by BartenderPlease; 09-07-2008, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X