One CO2 tank for two kegs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One CO2 tank for two kegs?

What do I need to purchase to have one CO2 tank, and one dual gague regulator, that would feed two kegs?
    (This is assuming I have a dual tower in place when ready as well.)

I think I need these two pieces, am I correct?

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...-pid-5460.html

and...

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...d-751-107.html

Does this solution work well?
    Last edited by BartenderPlease; 09-02-2008, 02:14 PM.
    "When the Okies left Oklahoma and went to California, the average intelligence of both states went up." -Will Rogers

If both kegs use same psi than just go with this.......

Comment

But the solution I provided is $16 total...and does the same thing?
      "When the Okies left Oklahoma and went to California, the average intelligence of both states went up." -Will Rogers

Comment

Both will work. Be sure to use Teflon tape.
        Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Zuhse View Post
          Both will work. Be sure to use Teflon tape.
          I read that, why is the tape needed for dual, but not mentioned for the single solution?

Comment

I did exactly what you plan to do, on mine. Works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermit View Post
              I did exactly what you plan to do, on mine. Works fine.
              Did you use the tape? Is it 100% needed?

Comment

Even cheaper way

I used one of these T's:
                http://www.micromatic.com/product.aspx?pid=SST-C2

I didn't want to drill another hole in the fridge, so I just connected the line coming in to the T and 2 new hoses from each end to the couplers. I can't shut off one and leave the other on, but I've never been in a situation where I needed to. It has worked just fine for me in my Danby that I upgraded with a MicroMatic dual faucet tower.

Comment

Also a very nice solution! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Yes, you need the tape when joining pipe threaded pieces that are carrying pressurized gas. Otherwise you'll be spending a lot more on CO2 refills than you'd like.
                    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Ok, I figured it was suggested for a reason, and its cheap so no issues with me.

Comment

Originally posted by cmkunisch View Post
                        If both kegs use same psi than just go with this.......
                        http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...d-751-017.html
                        Does this above piece require the tape job?

On the other splitters that require the tape job, can someone show me a picture of how you are doing this tape job?

Comment

The piece you are mentioning is already built and has either loc-tight or tape to seal the threads. To do what you need to do with the tape simply wrap a few rotations of teflon tapecounter clockwise around the threaded portion of the nipple. Then screw that piece in nice and snug to the splitter and you will be fine. Good luck.
                          Ed
                          Blue Line Draft Systems
                          www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

Ed,
                            Thanks, thats what I was trying to clear up. On the 2-Way Gas Distributor, Aluminum piece mentioned in the above link, I don't need the tape, cause its already sealed up.

But on the cheaper methods with the splitter hardware, you are saying just use the tape, and tape the actual "threaded" part that screws into the splitter? Not the opposite end that takes the tubing? Correct?

Comment

Working...
                            X