Yuengling Keg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuengling Keg

Hey guys, I just bought a kegerator conversion kit and built my own kegerator with my roomates. We have a keg of Yuengling and it is at about 30 degrees and 10 psi. The beer is cold... I have a small amount of extra head on the first pour but everything else seems fine. After the beer sits in my glass for about 15 minutes it tastes a little flat. Could this be because the beer is too cold? Does anyone know the OPTIMUM configuration for a keg of Yuengling???? I have a 5 foot beer line which should be adequate. Let me know your opinion.

Fellow draft drinker,

Brandon

i would crank the psi up to 12 or so. Also, turn your thermostat up to 38...should solve your problems.

Comment

So 38 degrees and roughly 12 psi? I live in Orlando Florida so sea level is not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by shurguywutt View Post
        So 38 degrees and roughly 12 psi? I live in Orlando Florida so sea level is not an issue.
        Correct, 38* liquid beer temperature. Use a calibrated thermometer and adjust your temperature to get 38* in the glass on your second pour.

(The thermometer should show ~32* in a glass full of ice and water.)
        When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Comment

30 degrees is quite cold, I wouldnt reccomend being that cold..Anyway I think your real problem is leaving your beer laying around for 15 minutes!!!!! Any carbonated beverage will go flat if left out.

Just put a nipple on your beer and it should stay carbonated langer JK and greetings from Fort Luaderdale! I will be in O-Town in a few weeks.

Comment

30 degrees is quite cold, I wouldnt reccomend being that cold..Anyway I think your real problem is leaving your beer laying around for 15 minutes!!!!! Any carbonated beverage will go flat if left out.

Just put a nipple on your beer and it should stay carbonated langer JK and greetings from Fort Luaderdale! I will be in O-Town in a few weeks.
            LOL I use big glasses, I don't think I mentioned that I have a beer bong that sits on top of the kegerator for when we want to drink beer fast lol... Right next to our beerpong table lol. Ahhh the college life is great!

On a serious note, I will definitely try 38 and 12 psi, it will save us energy costs too; after all isn't the main point of a kegerator to lower the overall price of your favorite beer? The great draft taste is just an added bonus! Thanks guys!

Cheers!

Brandon

Comment

LOL I use big glasses, I don't think I mentioned that I have a beer bong that sits on top of the kegerator for when we want to drink beer fast lol... Right next to our beerpong table lol. Ahhh the college life is great!

On a serious note, I will definitely try 38 and 12 psi, it will save us energy costs too; after all isn't the main point of a kegerator to lower the overall price of your favorite beer? The great draft taste is just an added bonus! Thanks guys!

Cheers!

Brandon
              Thats pretty selfish! Is all you care about is saving money? What I tell people is that I am not a drunk, I am an environmentalist!!! My kegerator leaves a small carbon footprint. There is no bottles to recycle no packaging that gets thrown out, I DRINK FOR THE FUTURE OF MANKIND

Here is a little mod you can do to your kegerator, get about a four to five foot hose that is slightly larger then your spout and a hose clamp. Put the hose over the spout and clamp it down, lay down in front of the keg and have a friend pull the handle, drink until beer comes out of your ears.

I am not responsible for any brain damage or death that may occur. Also you may want to wait till you get some cheap beer like natty light or bud light and such.

Have fun

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Manstroke View Post
                Thats pretty selfish! Is all you care about is saving money? What I tell people is that I am not a drunk, I am an environmentalist!!! My kegerator leaves a small carbon footprint. There is no bottles to recycle no packaging that gets thrown out, I DRINK FOR THE FUTURE OF MANKIND

Here is a little mod you can do to your kegerator, get about a four to five foot hose that is slightly larger then your spout and a hose clamp. Put the hose over the spout and clamp it down, lay down in front of the keg and have a friend pull the handle, drink until beer comes out of your ears.

I am not responsible for any brain damage or death that may occur. Also you may want to wait till you get some cheap beer like natty light or bud light and such.

Have fun
                Hah, kind of sounds like doing a kegstand... only laying down. Also doesn't require trusting two off balanced drunks to hold you upside down by your feet.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

LOL "Two off-balance drunks" thats a good one lol

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
                    Hah, kind of sounds like doing a kegstand... only laying down. Also doesn't require trusting two off balanced drunks to hold you upside down by your feet.
                    You just have to trust those drunks to stop the beer when you had enough. All I will say is make sure you are laying on a tile floor. it does get messy.

Comment

Cheers!

Brandon
                      Yuengling is a 2.6 v/v product and requires 14 PSIG @ 38F. This includes two PSI "push pressure" required for dispensing. Verify your temperature.
                      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
                      X