Fridge Door Kegerator Foam/Not getting cold enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fridge Door Kegerator Foam/Not getting cold enough

I recently bought a kit through micro install was a snap. I am running into problems with the fridge not gettin cold enough right now it say the keg is at 41 degrees and Im gettin alot of foam. Everything else is a go no air bubbles in the lines running 14psi. Its half barrel of Killians. My ? is there any way to get the fridge colder I have it maxed now?????? Please Help Thanks

Aftermarket temp control and bypass the existing thermostat. It's probably not a bad idea anyway since a specialized controller will hold the temp much more accurately.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Thats what I was thinking is there a right up on bypassing the already installed thermostat?

Comment

Originally posted by midwestmindz View Post
        Thats what I was thinking is there a right up on bypassing the already installed thermostat?

you'd have to get the wiring diagram for your particular refrigerator to bypass the thermostat. If you can find that somewhere and post it here, I'm sure someone here will provide some assistance.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

or would something like this work?? http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...s-pid-E26.html

Comment

or would something like this work?? http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...s-pid-E26.html

yeah, but you'd have to bypass the temperature controller in the refrigerator in addition to using this temperature controller. Generally these temperature controllers are used with a chest freezer that get too cold on their own. All it does is turn the fridge/freezer power on and off based on the temperatures you set the controller to. In your case, the refrigerator will never turn off because it can't get cold enough to get to whatever temperature you set the controller too. You have to bypass the refrigerator's internal thermostat so that the compressor is always running.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Fridge is a Whirlpool Model is ET18PK

Comment

any one had to bypass the thermostat on there fridge???? Looking for some help thanks

Comment

any one had to bypass the thermostat on there fridge???? Looking for some help thanks
                  Piece O Cake. A thermostat is nothing but an on/off switch. There should be only two leads on the control. Just wire them together.

Question??? Are you sure the temp control is your problem?

THE ICEMAN
                  My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
                  "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
                  -Dave Barry-
                  "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
                  Strong beer is the milk of the old."
                  -Martin Luther-

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                    Piece O Cake. A thermostat is nothing but an on/off switch. There should be only two leads on the control. Just wire them together.

Question??? Are you sure the temp control is your problem?

THE ICEMAN

Where is the thermostat usually located on the fridge?

I have the fridge at the coldest setting and I can only get the keg to a temp of 42 degrees. So I think I need to bypass the therm and get aftermarket

Comment

Where is the thermostat usually located on the fridge?
                      It is located right behind the little knob you use to turn it colder. That is the temp control.

Originally posted by midwestmindz
                      I have the fridge at the coldest setting and I can only get the keg to a temp of 42 degrees. So I think I need to bypass the therm and get aftermarket
                      The question being... does the compressor cycle on & off at that temp or does it run continuously??? If it cycles on & off, then you might indeed have a control problem. If it runs all the time & it never reaches the temp you want, you have some sort of refrigeration problem.

THE ICEMAN
                      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
                      -Dave Barry-
                      -Martin Luther-

Comment

It is located right behind the little knob you use to turn it colder. That is the temp control.

The question being... does the compressor cycle on & off at that temp or does it run continuously??? If it cycles on & off, then you might indeed have a control problem. If it runs all the time & it never reaches the temp you want, you have some sort of refrigeration problem.

THE ICEMAN

So when you bypass the therm you just wire the 2 lines together without the therm in the middle right???

The fridge cycles on & off so its all in the therm I would think. Hard to get a full size keg down to temp so that why Im thinking about bypas and gettin a aftermarket controller

Comment

So when you bypass the therm you just wire the 2 lines together without the therm in the middle right???
                          Thats right pal.

Originally posted by midwestmindz
                          The fridge cycles on & off so its all in the therm I would think. Hard to get a full size keg down to temp so that why Im thinking about bypas and gettin a aftermarket controller
                          When you get the new control you may want to experiment a little with the placement of the sensing bulb (high or low, front or back) to get the desired effect.

THE ICEMAN
                          -Dave Barry-
                          -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thats right pal.

When you get the new control you may want to experiment a little with the placement of the sensing bulb (high or low, front or back) to get the desired effect.

THE ICEMAN
                            Ill let you know when I get it all installed thanks for the help to everyone that posted above!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X