Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost to fill CO2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cost to fill CO2

    How much does it cost to fill a co2 tank?
    And, what do you look for in the yellow pages to find a place to do it?

    Thanks,
    Jhon

  • #2
    I think it has been costing me around 15 dollars to fill a 5 pound bottle. look for welding supply and fire extinguisher services in the yellow pages.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

    My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

    http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

    Comment


    • #3
      I pay 10 bucks for a 5lb fill at a paintball store. Check under paintball in the yellow pages, too.
      ____________________________________________
      Our beer, which commeth in barrels, hallowed be thy drink
      Thy will be drunk, I will be drunk, at home as it is in the tavern
      ____________________________________________


      Home Brew IPA

      Comment


      • #4
        Jhon -

        Where do you live? Maybe someone on this board lives close by and can suggest a place.

        I pay about $15 for 5lb tank refill.

        The place that I go to currently is listed under this category on Yahoo Yellow Pages:

        Top > Business to Business > Manufacturing and Industrial Supplies > Chemicals and Allied Products > Gases

        I've also gone to "welding supply" shops and have refilled there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
          I pay 10 bucks for a 5lb fill at a paintball store. Check under paintball in the yellow pages, too.

          Hemm, I have one of those paint ball places just down the street.

          Thanks to the both of you for your replys.

          Jhon

          Comment


          • #6
            $10 for 5lbs
            BM23 (I love it, $$$ well spent)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jhon View Post
              Hemm, I have one of those paint ball places just down the street.

              Thanks to the both of you for your replys.

              Jhon
              A lot of paintball places won't/can't fill a 5 lb. tank. I found a firefighter supply store (Denville, NJ) that fills my tank for $15.
              BM23 is for lovers.

              Comment


              • #8
                I think around $16.00 for a 5lb tank, here near Baltimore....
                Hail to the Redskins!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Skinsfan1311 View Post
                  I think around $16.00 for a 5lb tank, here near Baltimore....

                  I'm in Baltimore and I just called Roberts Oxygen who said it was $20 for a 5lb tank of liquid co2. I read somewhere in this forum that the liquid co2 is better than a transfer or something. Where are you getting it for $16 and how do they fill it?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    $12.50 for 5 lbs but they won't fill my tank, they swap it for a full one.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Raleigh, NC
                      $20 to refill at American Brewmaster.
                      $20 to exchange at National Welder's Supply on Capital.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LasKid View Post
                        I'm in Baltimore and I just called Roberts Oxygen who said it was $20 for a 5lb tank of liquid co2. I read somewhere in this forum that the liquid co2 is better than a transfer or something. Where are you getting it for $16 and how do they fill it?
                        Truthfully, my fills are typically free because a buddy of mine's neighbor works for a local gas company.

                        In the event he's not available, I use Air Products, in Linthicum. It's off of Nursery Rd.

                        They give me a slight discount because of my employer.

                        I don't know how they fill it, nor did I realize that there are different methods for filling. That doesn't make sense to me, as CO2 is liquid, with a small amount of gas in the top of the cylinder, (just like propane)

                        Anyway...I bring in the cylinder, wait for a little while, and it comes back full, and cold! I do know that they weigh it, as I believe that they scribble a start and end weight.
                        Hail to the Redskins!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Skinsfan1311 View Post
                          Truthfully, my fills are typically free because a buddy of mine's neighbor works for a local gas company.

                          In the event he's not available, I use Air Products, in Linthicum. It's off of Nursery Rd.

                          They give me a slight discount because of my employer.

                          I don't know how they fill it, nor did I realize that there are different methods for filling. That doesn't make sense to me, as CO2 is liquid, with a small amount of gas in the top of the cylinder, (just like propane)

                          Anyway...I bring in the cylinder, wait for a little while, and it comes back full, and cold! I do know that they weigh it, as I believe that they scribble a start and end weight.
                          I thought that my have some at my facility, but no go! They have a bunch of chemicals but no CO2.

                          I don't know anything about the different filling methods either, so I'm just going to the cheapest place I could find which is Harford Beverage in Parkville...less than $10 with a tank exchange.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Personally, I never like the tank exchange program. I have a nice, shiny tank and I'm trading it for an old beat up one. I'm the same way with my propane tank on my grill. I always insist on having it refilled rather than trading it.

                            I have found that if a facility has the ability to fill CO2, they will tell me to call first to see if they have the CO2 pump running. They some times only run it during certain hours of the day.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jackstraw View Post
                              Personally, I never like the tank exchange program. I have a nice, shiny tank and I'm trading it for an old beat up one. I'm the same way with my propane tank on my grill. I always insist on having it refilled rather than trading it.

                              I have found that if a facility has the ability to fill CO2, they will tell me to call first to see if they have the CO2 pump running. They some times only run it during certain hours of the day.
                              I'm normally the same way, but I got this unit used from my dad and he must've already traded the shiny tank because the one I have is pretty beat up and has a sticker from the place that he probably traded it to. Which is good for me because if it was shiny I would force myself to spend the extra time, effort, and money to get it refilled instead of traded!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X