Digital Thermosta A419 cant get it to turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Thermosta A419 cant get it to turn on

For whatever reason I can't figure out how to get it to turn the freezer on.
    I have the SP set at 38, dIF is 5, ASd is 1, OFS is 0, SF is 1 and nothing is going on. The actual temp inside the freezer is 85, as I just completed the build. I thought maybe the huge variance of the actual and SP was causing the problem.... So, i put the sensor in a glass of cold water 45 and still nothing. Plugging the freezer directly into the power works, so I know there is nothing wrong with that.

I was just getting ready to let this cool down so I could get a couple of kegs, but it isn't looking promising.

I just installed the same thermostat today as well. I set my SP on 38 and that is all I did. Mine is working pretty well but it takes the temperature down to about 30 degrees and allows it to run up to 38 before turning the freezer on again. I did not adjust the dif, ASd, OFS and SF. What do all these settings mean?
    "because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well..."
    Brother Epp, 1902

Comment

did you just plug it in and change the setpoint and it started working fine? I am wondering if there is a certain squence of buttons you have to push to get it to start?

I guess I am going to unplug it and then plug it back in and see what happens if I don't push any buttons.

Comment

Yup, just changed the setpoint and it worked fine. I did not change anything else.
        Brother Epp, 1902

Comment

It should kick on the compressor 1 minute after plugged in with the ASD set to 1. What is the temp on the display reading?
          Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

its reading the temp of 80 degrees right now.

Unplug it and plug back in it flashes C03, ASd, 80 degrees

Hmm???
            Last edited by 41ants; 04-26-2008, 03:27 PM.

Comment

I've never heard of this brand before.

Just out of curiosity, why did you guys choose this one over the johnson, ranco, or brewer edge controllers?

Comment

Originally posted by jerm74 View Post
                I've never heard of this brand before.

Just out of curiosity, why did you guys choose this one over the johnson, ranco, or brewer edge controllers?
                A419 is the Johnson controls unit.
                Brother Epp, 1902

Comment

I don't own one of these units, but I found the operating instructions online. Is it set for Fahrenheit? 38º degC is ~100º degF. What happens if you lower the setpoint? Is anything flashing on the screen? Is it setup for heating or cooling? Which mode?

Comment

Originally posted by bg44 View Post
                    A419 is the Johnson controls unit.
                    Oh, OK
                    I googled thermostat A419 and came across this control manufacturer who has the same model number

TAD & Associates, Inc.:Products:Controls

Comment

I guess he figured it out or electrocuted himself in the process

Comment

Working...
                      X