Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My basement bar (work in progress)

Hi all.

First off I'd like to thank everyone on the forum who post and answer questions. I've learned a lot about draft beer and systems.

I finally have my Bev Air DD48 and had my regulators, keg couplers, beer lines and fittings delivered this week. (bought from Micromatic)

Picked up a 1/2 barrel of Bud ($278 Canadian)

Here are a few pictures of the bar and the kegerator. I still have a lot to do but i'm taking a break to enjoy summer.

As you can see there is still lots to do in the basement but I'm happy to have a functioning bar.

Eric

Very nice!

Why is Bud so expensive up there?
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Wow! Congrats!!!

That's going to be one fun basement. Nice work building the bar. The BevAir is a perfect fit.

Comment

I love where your priorities are at! Build a working bar FIRST then worry about the rest of the basement. Looks like it could be a 4-5 "KEG" project!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry I haven't replied but work got in the way.

The Bud is so expensive because beer and liquor have a high tax on them.

I am probably doing things in the wrong order but I really did want a working bar in the basement so it would be easier to entertain on the back patio if everything is close at hand. By the way the next project will be to finish the bathroom

Comment

Originally posted by stellaontap View Post
            Hi all.

Picked up a 1/2 barrel of Bud ($278 Canadian)

Holy crap, If I paid that much for a keg of swill I would have to kick my own @$$!

Seriously, Canada produces much better beer than Bud.

Comment

Originally posted by stellaontap View Post
              By the way the next project will be to finish the bathroom
              Well done. I admire a person who has his priorities in order!
              Hail to the Redskins!

Comment

Originally posted by jerm74 View Post
                Holy crap, If I paid that much for a keg of swill I would have to kick my own @$$!

Seriously, Canada produces much better beer than Bud.
                The Bud that I drink is brewed right here in London by Labatt's. I always really liked Bud when I went to school in Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan1311 View Post
                  Well done. I admire a person who has his priorities in order!
                  Thanks Skinsfan.

First it was a pain to get drinks and beer from upstairs in the kitchen, now its a pain to get RID of drinks upstairs in the bathroom.

Comment

Working...
                  X