Freezer- size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezer- size?

After reading some tips I'm thinking the way to go is to convert a deep freezer for my kegerator. I found a local place that sells guinnes 1/3 kegs. I want to start out with Guinness and later be able to change beer type if I feel like it. What are the sizes of the various keg types? How big of a freezer should I get to be safe? I don't want to get this all set up and then not have the keg fit. Please help. Thanks!

copy/paste that in your browser, thats the keg sizes and demesions.
    Also, Guinness uses a gas blend, nitrous and co2 (about 60-40mix) so u will need to find a local place that does blends or will need a blender yourself (which is about $500-ish)

Guinness uses a different coupler than standard lagers, u would use a D coupler for most american lagers, for Guinness you need a U coupler.

size freezer depends on how much you have to spend and how many kegs you want to hold. height wise you should be fine with most/any freezer you buy, unless you are going under a bar.

CHEERS!!

Comment

The faucet will also be different for stouts over lagers.

So the gas blend used Nitrous Oxide / CO2? For some reason I kept thinking with was Nitrogen and CO2. I'm assuming this is the same for all stouts? I've never tapped one myself and never asked my friends who do.
      Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Guinness blend is 75% Nitrogen/ 25% CO2. I never heard of a 1/3 keg of Guinness, at least around the York, PA. area. Tapman

Comment

i meant nitrogen, i was in the middle of a coonversation regarding a friends camaro in which he wanted to put nitrous lol...dont think nitrous would be a wise idea for any beer!! PLEASE DONT USE NITROUS LOL....

TYPE-o

Comment

Working...
          X