Temperature Control Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Control Question

I have a new Sanyo kegerator & am looking for more control over the beer temperature.

What are the pros / cons of the following temp controllers:

A) using an external Thermostat that controls power to the entire fridge

B) hi-jacking the fridge's existing thermostat & hard-wiring the new one to control the compressor

Option A seems like a little more money, but less work to install.

Is there any downside to powering on/off the entire fridge vs. only the compressor?

Thanks!!

ec
    "All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson

On most of these small home kegerators you're more or less always switching power to the entire unit. The existing thermostats typically switch the hot leg of the 120 VAC running to the compressor.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Think of a thermostat as a light switch. It is simply a switch that controls power to the compressor. If there is no evaporator fan or fan for the tower it will make no difference how the compressor is switched on & off since that is all you will be turning on & off.
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thank You!
        "All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
        X