Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a tasty LIGHT beer...

hey all,
    I just finished a coors light and want to replace it with something with a little more flavor, but not too 'thick'.

Does anyone know if Yeungling Light comes in 1/2 kegs? What about Sam Adams Light?

Any other ideas? I live in Richmond, VA. I am going to call my local beer and wine warehouse that i typically buy from...but thought I would get your opinions.

Keg availability in Richmond

I live in the Richmond area. Yuengling Lager is available in 1/2 kegs (15.5 gal) and 1/4 Kegs at Total Wine (West Broad or Robius) That is about as "light" as I buy. Do Yuengling make a light beer?
    I think Sam's is available in 1/2 s and 1/6s.
    I normally buy what you describe as "thick" beer but once people try it they seem to like it.
    But Yuengling Lager is definitely a positive step up from Coors light.
    Last edited by El Geordie; 11-06-2007, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Coors Light

Originally posted by beezerbeer View Post
      hey all,
      I just finished a coors light and want to replace it with something with a little more flavor, but not too 'thick'.

Does anyone know if Yeungling Light comes in 1/2 kegs? What about Sam Adams Light?

Any other ideas? I live in Richmond, VA. I am going to call my local beer and wine warehouse that i typically buy from...but thought I would get your opinions.
      Coors Light is beer for folks who don't like beer! I'm a BUD guy who also appreciates Michelob. Of all the light beers I've had Miller Lite still tastes like beer! I hope I havn't offended anyone, but that's my feelings on the subject!

Comment

Originally posted by sudsy View Post
        Coors Light is beer for folks who don't like beer! I'm a BUD guy who also appreciates Michelob. Of all the light beers I've had Miller Lite still tastes like beer! I hope I havn't offended anyone, but that's my feelings on the subject!
        I plan on tapping that some time in the future after I get my fridge done

Comment

Originally posted by sudsy View Post
          No he didnt say he wanted go from bad to worse.lol Never had sam adams light but yuengling light is yummy stuff and alot more serious then coors light and miller lite.

Comment

Sam Light is an excellent light beer, it actually taste better than most full bodied beers I've drank. Unfortunately, from what I've heard from my local distributor, Sam Adam's no longer offers their Light in kegs.
            Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I like Light beers as well, however I found that LaBatt's Blue goes down just as smooth as light beers. Just my 2 cents....

Comment

Why a light? If it's for the carbs/calories then compare the two and see what little difference it makes.

Comment

I live in So. Cal., and I like Carlsberg when I'm in the mood for a lighter beer. I know it's not "light," but certainly lighter than a lot of others out there.

It comes in 1/2 barrel (euro == 13.2 gallons / 50 liters)

Comment

Originally posted by bard View Post
                    Why a light? If it's for the carbs/calories then compare the two and see what little difference it makes.
                    I'm with bard here. In my experience, while "light" beers do have fewer calories and carbs, I find that most often have to drink more of them to feel satisfied. I guess if I have to drink 3 lights to have the same satisfaction as 2 normal beers, then the caloric/carb difference isn't worth the sacrifice of having to drink beer with less taste and flavor.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread, but it is worth considering if you have trouble finding an alternate light beer you like.

Comment

I recognize everyone has their own opinion and/or brand they like. I'm not knocking anyone for their choice of beer just because it's not my choice. At least they've chosen beer over an Appletini with a little umbrella in it.

For American light beers, I have to give the nod to Miller Light over Bud Light, Bud Select, Mich Ultra, or coors light. Those AB products all taste like water to me. Miller Light at least has beer flavor. For American macro beers, my preference is Budweiser then Miller Light. In that order, and that's the whole list. I've never had Sam Adams light. I don't think they can be considered micro brew anymore.

I keep Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat on tap, and I agree that I drink slower when I have that vs Budweiser or Miller Light. Also, I've shared it with quite a few friends who drink Bud or Bud Light exclusively, and every last one of them thought it was good.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I apologize for my joking. But I really cant hack miller lite at all. But as you said thats personal preference. Yeah labatt blue is ultra smooth might have to get that for my next keg.

Comment

I appreciate threads like this. Helps me locate others with similar tastes and try new beers. I was thinking of Blue moon for my next keg, but now I am leaning towards Yuengling light.

Comment

Ok...so I need a mass opinion on the Blue Moon. I have had it several times and I like it, but.....whenever they serve it in the bar or restaurant it comes with a little wedge of orange. Seems a little girly to me. How is it at home in the keg?

Comment

I've had blue moon a couple times at home (mostly in the summertime). My wife really likes it so I don't mind. I think it's pretty good...not quite Bell's Oberon or Three Floyds Gumballhead...but it's a tasty brew at not quite a micro price. The orange slice is kinda girly, but I'd do it. Who cares!

But if I remember right, a 1/2barrel of BM was like $115 in Indiana. If I ever got it again, I would definitely look for a 1/4 or 1/6 barrel.

Comment

Working...
                              X