No announcement yet.

Did I get a Danby that actually works?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I get a Danby that actually works?!

Hey guys, I recently picked up a Danby kegerator even after reading about the issues with not getting cold enough. Researched the mods and figured I couldn't pass it up for $100.

The first thing I did was plug it in and crank it all the way down to 36 degrees. Then I placed a secondary thermometer in there to verify. Danby display read 36 degrees and my secondary (a ink bird temperature controller) said it was 32 degrees. Keep in my my second probe was hanging in the middle and dangling down about 5 or 6 inches. My stock Danby probe has been relocated a little closer to the front of the unit. Basically as far as the stock wires would let me.

Did I actually get a fully functional Danby? Are those temps about where I need to be?

First of all, welcome to the forum...
    Good move using that second thermo. Most will tell you to keep kegged beer in the neighborhood of 38
    Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 09-08-2017, 05:35 PM.
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
      First of all, welcome to the forum...
      Good move using that second thermo. Most will tell you to keep kegged beer in the neighborhood of 38
      The system here is screwing up so lets try this again...
      CONTINUED: Most will tell you 38 degrees is optimum but I live in the desert so I like mine colder around 34-36 degrees.
      Take a small bucket of water & set it in your unit using your secondary thermo to monitor the water temp. Set the Danby control to bring the water temp to your desired beer temp.
      And yes, it sounds like you actually have one that works...

THE ICEMAN
      Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 09-08-2017, 05:48 PM. Reason: System would not save full post...
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
      X