Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me Bev Air BM23

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and have been doing a lot of reading. Thank you for all the great information!

Just picked up a BM23. I am not sure how old it is but, I am working on that. There are a few things I need to do.

It looks like there is a wide range in pricing for a lot of this stuff. Is this a you get what you paid for or is it one OME part is as good as any and you should just get the cheap one?

1. Replace the evaporator fan. I followed the directions on here to take the evaporator pan off and the fan.
    Looks like this is the one I am thinking of ordering:

This one looks like the same one but, a few dollars more and I have to pay shipping.

2 Replace the evaporator drip tray. The tray is rusted out and does not hold water. I found a bunch for sale on line but, and a lot of different prices.

The pan above seems to have an extra hole that mine does not. Is that a problem do I just tape it up or? This hole is a rectangle between the tower air supply and the fan.

Since I am replacing the pan should I replace the drain flange as well? It looks bad but, I think I can clean it up. Should I replace the screws on the floor? They look rusty. Anything else I should replace since I have it apart?

Can I spray/clean the evaporator coil with anything? I think there is a lot of dirt/rust all over the inside. Not sure how rough I can get cleaning it.

Any way wish me luck on the progress! Hope to have the new parts ordered in the morning.

Cheers!
    Brian
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

First of all, welcome to the forum,

I would go ahead & pick up the the motor from Amazon, I doubt there is an appreciable difference. Those motors are pretty much throw-away.

That rectangular hole is for a light switch that you obviously don't need so, go ahead & block it off.

Just go ahead & clean up that flange but be careful, they can get brittle over time.

The screws are your call. If it bothers you, replace them with some stainless screws.

I would be very careful cleaning the evaporator. The fins bend easily & the coils themselves are made of a relatively thin copper tubing. I would simply brush it off lightly with a wire brush to remove the dust buildup.

As for other things to check... Take a look at the door gasket to see if it's split or not sealing all the way around. Also, make a mental note to clean the condenser coils down by the compressor occasionally. The easiest way to kill a compressor is to fail to keep those coils clean.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Finally finished it!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
      X