Kegerator Selection for Basement Bar Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegerator Selection for Basement Bar Build

I am building a full size custom bar in my basement and am having trouble finding the right kegerator/tower combinations. My kegerator knowledge is very limited so I was hoping someone with more knowledge could help guide me to the right choice.

I am looking for an under-counter style kegerator that I can mount the tower to the granite counter top. I am looking for a good quality unit that will last for many years. I don't want a cheapo but I don't want to shell out the $$$ for a top of the line model either. I see that many kegerators come with stock towers and some come with customize-able options. I want to have Guinness in the winter/colder months and a lighter beer during the summer months. I probably will never have two kegs going at the same time. I realize that Guinness requires a different style coupler and spout so I was thinking of a dual tap tower so I wouldn't have to keep switching equipment back and forth. Is there a simple choice for this setup out there?

I would appreciate any advice you "experts" could provide.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum,
    One thing you will need to keep in mind is the maintenance factor. If you get just a single keg unit the compressor/ condenser will be in back & unless you have access from the back, you will need to slide the whole unit out from time to time. If you get a unit that handles two full sized kegs or more then the condensing unit will be on the side of the unit allowing access to the condenser coils for cleaning. The easiest way to kill a compressor is to never clean the coils.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thanks for the advise. I was not aware of that. I will make sure I have access to the condenser. I think side access would be a better fit for my application. Do you have any suggestions for kegerator brands? I would like to get a quality unit for around $1500 if possible.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X