Another Danby question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Danby question

So I took a chance and got a Danby dkc645bls off Craigslist for $50 knowing it had a temperature issue. Now I do not have any past experience with refrigeration but have worked with electrical and consider my generally handy. I have been doing a lot of research on possible problems with the Danby model and found out that most problems stem from the controller and resistor. So with that said last night I plugged in the kegerator for the first time and left it for about an hour when I came back the temperature reading was 38 degrees it was cold inside the box and I could hear the compressor working and the fan inside doing its job. Skip forward about another hour when I returned the temperature reading was at about 50 degrees and then the next time I checked it was at 61. So i was relieved to find out that this can infact get cold. So I guess my question would be does this sound like the temperature control? If so would the Johnson control infact fix the issue? Thanks

Any insight would be helpful ^

Comment

I'm no expert, but if it was running my next step would be to get an external controller and bypass all the on board stuff.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Okay thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X