Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insulate space between kegerator and tower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulate space between kegerator and tower?

I'm in the process of building my outdoor kitchen. I have purchased the Marvel outdoor kegerator and will be installing the tower and drain in the granite counter top. I have read the instructions and I don't see any mention of insulting the space between the top of the kegerator and the bottom of the counter where the tower mounts. I would think you would want some sort of insulating sleeve between the two. Am I overthinking or missing something?? This is my first kegerator.... thanks for the help!

You definitely need to make something - you have to keep the beer line cold or you will have foaming issues.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Yes, in your case you should install an insulating sleeve between the bottom of the tower and all the way into the kegerator (maybe an inch or two into the top opening. That will help you a lot, but you will still have temp issues in the tower due to it being outdoors. I'm thinking you could get away with an insulating/foam sleeve, which you can just install when you put the kegerator in. The tower should already be insulated.

Comment

Working...
      X