BM23-B Newbie Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BM23-B Newbie Questions

I have recently purchased a newer very lightly used BM23-B unit, I know it's not the newest but also not too old as the month/ year tag inside says 09/10/11/12 for the years.

A) I searched the forums here and online and can not find a copy of the owners manual, does anyone have a digital copy or a link to it?

B) I need to purchase the CO2 tank, regulators, pretty much anything else I would need to actually hook it up to a keg. This is my very 1st one ever, I want to buy decent equipment as I don't want to have to buy anything 2x over! I welcome any input as to what all exactly I would need and where online would be the best place to get it from.

So to pretty much sum it all up I have the BM23 unit, the tubing from the Perlick in the tower to inside the unit, the drain tubing, and thats all.
    So I pretty much need input on everything, suggestions / advice?
    I don't plan on running more than one keg at at time

Thanks in advance
    Respectfully,
    Frank
    Last edited by SoCal NavyGuy; 03-15-2017, 10:12 PM.

You say you have a Perlick faucet already? That's a good brand, so no need to replace that. You will need a coupler, a tank and regulator from the sound of it. Tanks are tanks, shop by price. For the coupler and regulator you will be better served by spending a bit more and getting good quality. For the coupler you want to make sure it is stainless. You will need a tail piece, hose clamp, a beer washer, a nut for the beer side. For the CO2 side you will need a tailpiece, a hose clamp, and a check valve (duckbill). For the regulator you will need a hose clamp, and hose. Get 5'.
    For the actual coupler and regulator look for Kegco or Taprite products for both. You should also replace the beer line, this needs to be beer line and not bulk tubing from the hardware store. Buy 6 or 7 feet.
    Last edited by djc; 03-16-2017, 03:44 AM.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

DJC I appreciate the feedback, that's the type of info I was looking for!
      Yes it came with a Perlick 690SS Faucet already.
      Any suggestion for which coupler and regulator? I've read that I should get a 2 Product gauge and put a second hose on it to have an alternate coupler than just the standard D type?
      Do the tail pieces come in a kit or are all of those things purchased individually? I'm assuming if it comes in SS that's going to be my best bet?
      Is beer line a standard size? Is there one better than another?

Sorry for having so many questions, I just want to learn from others mistakes and buy the right thing from very beginning!

Comment

Is there a preferred online place I can call and order everything in one shot and trust to not try and sell me unnecessary stuff?

Comment

Getting a dual regulator to accommodate alternate couplers is a waste of money. Just undo the coupler from the lines and put the other one in. Any Kegco or Taprite product will be fine. Get a dual gauge regulator, which shows tank pressure and line pressure. Get a stainless coupler. Tailpieces, etc are usually sold loose. Beer line should be 3/16" ID for your application, and I've never found a difference. As long as it is beer line and you clean it regularly, you will be fine. BTW - you need a cleaning kit too, and the first order of business will be to disassemble the faucet and clean it. This can be done while changing the beer line.

Micromatic, the site we are on sells all of this stuff. It can be found cheaper, but the quality here is good. It would be poor form for me to post the names of other retailers, Micromatic hosts this site.

Comment

Got it, I have complied a shopping list and will be ordering everything from here this evening! Thanks for your feedback I appreciate it very much!

Comment

I should have told you to consider a faucet wrench for removing the faucet when you change the lines. I've never used one, but others do. I use slip joint pliers without issue.

Comment

Working...
              X