New to Kegerators and this forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Kegerators and this forum.

Hello, I recently just purchased an Insignia single tap kegerator. I did a lot of research on what I need to do to keep the foam to a minimum. I bought 2 usb fans, put one of them in a project box and made a tower cooler. The other fan simply circulates. They have 3 speed settings and are currently on medium. I also changed the beer tubing from the standard 4.5' to 10' 3/16 inside 7/16 outside diameter tubing coiled and sat on top of the keg. Thermostat has 6 settings and is currently set at 4. No thermometer included so I will be buying one. CO2 pressure is set to 9.5 with a Yuengling 1/4 barrel. Any higher seems to foam to much. As of this morning I poured a small cup for a test and it poured a perfect beer. It does pour kinda slow. A pitcher would take a while to fill. Is there anything else I can do to get a faster pour without adding foam?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

It all depends on your temperature. Unless your beer is really cold, 9.5 is likely too low for proper balance and increasing that will help your flow. Yuengling is a 2.6 volumes of CO2 beer, so at 38F it is looking for 12.5 psi. Cutting back the beer line in 6" increments until you are happy with the balance of foam and speed is the next thing to do.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

My temp inside last night was showing 36.6. I still need to get a thermometer to check the actual pour temp. I've been playing with fan speeds and the thermostat for a couple of days. Once I get the other thermometer I'll try the shortening of the beer line. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X