Some questions- Remote tower planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions- Remote tower planning

Hi all, this is my first post here. Im trying to plan out my draft beer setup for my home bar. Kegs (2) will be stored in a freezer behind the bar and will run from the freezer to a remote dual faucet tower on the sink counter. Length of run will be approx 7 ft from freezer to faucet, with an approx 2 ft rise in elevation from keg to faucet. I want to run the lines inside flexible 2" pool/spa vacuum tubing which I will insulate on the outside.
    Here are my questions:

1. Will 3/16 ID tubing work for this length and rise?
    2. I plan on air-cooling the lines to the tower from the freezer with a 34 cfm fan and a 1" hose. I'm reading conflicting info on this, but I believe the proper way to do this is to route the beer lines INSIDE of the 1" hose. The plan is for the cool air hose to terminate 1-2" from the shanks, and the return air will return flow outside the hose back to the freezer. Does this sound correct?

I really appreciate any help or advice you folks can provide. Im very excited about getting my draft system up and running!

Thanks,

Bret
    Knoxville, TN

Some pics of the setup. Tower will be to left of the sink. *Edit- Not sure why the pics are uploading so small...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by Bret B; 12-01-2016, 09:57 AM.

Comment

You can do 7' with air cooling, and 3/16" should be fine. I've read of people doing the beer lines both ways - in the cooler tube, and alongside. For whatever reason, I like getting the coldest air to the shanks and letting the return air chill the lines. With the lines in the cooler tube, the air will start giving up temperature right away is my reasoning. In a perfect exchange of temperature and cold air, it really won't matter either way I don't think, but nothing is ever perfect. A 2" flex tube will not handle what you need, most applications like this use 4" minimum PVC.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Thanks djc!

Would the 4" diameter be required in order to move that quantity of air flow? Im trying to find the balance between keeping my lines at the proper temp while keeping to a minimum the additional cu feet my freezer will have to cool.

Comment

You need space for two beer lines, a cold air tube and return air. Think about a dual tower - the most common size for them is 3" to allow for all that to fit.

Comment

Great. Thanks so much for the help, I think Im on the right track. I'll get some pics up as I go, and Im sure I'll have more questions along the way. I appreciate it.

-B

Comment

Still planning... And Im not trying to be contrary, I promise. BUT, this is a pic of 1" tubing (cooled air) and (2) 7/16" OD tubes inside a piece of 2" PVC. It appears to me that this is plenty of room for the lines as well as return air. Could fit nicely into the base of the tower, then seal the gap, or 2" to 3" PVC adapter to mate to the base for a smoother transition. I'm open to criticism...anyone care to pitch in?
              Continued thanks
              Bret
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Try it, what's the worst case - going bigger later?

Comment

I am told that when I will be choosing a business software, it is important to choose something interesting or beautiful for myself. I want to find a good program for the automation of sales management, production management, the creation of a convenient stock accounting system, an accounting work automation, etc. I found this software managemart and as I do swimming pool business. I think it will suit, what

Comment

You need space for two beer lines, a cold air tube and return air. Think about a dual tower - the most common size for them is 3" to allow for all that to fit.

Comment

Working...
                    X