CO2 drain with empty or no keg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 drain with empty or no keg?

Over the last several years I've been quite proficient on exchanging kegs: Keg empty, clean lines, replace keg. I've rarely closed the gas shut off. No problems. This last keg though, I went two months or more between kegs, and my 3/4 full 5 lb CO2 tank is now empty. Question, is there a negligible leak by not turning the gas valve off, which after 2 months can drain 3 or so pounds, or might I have another issue? Thank you, Tom

I'd guess the answer is yes. Might be that the shut off leaks a little. Next time turn the tank off
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Simple enough. Not sure if you are being a little sarcastic or not, but if so I deserve it. Cheers

Comment

I doubt it was sarcastic more likely he chose the shutoff valve as the most likely cause But it could leak at other connections between the tank and shutoff also. The shut off valve is a ball lock and not perfectly tight. The screw down tank valve is a solid seal. Shutoff valve good for short durations, line cleaning, keg replacement but for anything over a day best to shut off the tank.

Comment

Working...
        X