Drilling into a TRUE TBB-3G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drilling into a TRUE TBB-3G

Yep, already have a thread going about an old Superior kegerator, but another opportunity just flopped in my lap. Have the opportunity to snag a used True TBB-3G bar back from a restaurant supply store. Item's in nice condition, and comes with a limited warranty (three months, I believe). It's bigger than I need, but heck, the price is right. Was wondering though if anyone knows if I can safely drill into the top of the unit to mount a tap tower? Obviously with the little standard under-counter fridges, there are cooling lines that need to be located and avoided, so was wondering if it's the same deal here.

Any feedback is appreciated, have contacted True but their response was "The True TBB-3G is a bar back unit. We suggest you purchase the TDD-3 for your intended use."

As long as you steer clear of the evaporator, no problem at all, drill away...

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Outstanding! Given that I can get this for $500, seems like a better deal than the Superior with the (probably) crapped out condenser for $300!

Comment

Hi ubermick,
        Can you convert True TBB-3 to kegerator with tap tower? if does, may you show me how to do it? thanks

Comment

Working...
        X