Bm23 makes garage hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bm23 makes garage hot

So another question for the bm23 owners. I got he the unit running after the great advice from this site. After running for 24 hours in my garage the unit was operating great and cooled down. The only other thing I will need is a door seal. The problem is that my garage became crazy hot. Like 88* when its always around 80. Is it normal for these units to make the area around them this hot. I could not imagine this being correct but I have never owned a commercial style appliance. Once again any help would be great. Thanks.

I don't think you're measure right somehow. If you're saying your unit guzzles enough electrify to heat a one car garage 8 deg. above ambient then I'd hate to pay your electric bill.

Comment

I totally agree. I was just using the garage key pad temp so not an exact measure but the unit definitely puts off some serious heat. Was just curious if this was normal or if something was seriously wrong.

Comment

Kinda depends on the size & air circulation of your garage. If you have a single car garage with no means of air circulating air from outside or in, it may be possible. Remember, those units are air cooled & if it can't breath it will just get hotter & possibly kill the compressor.

THE ICEMAN
        My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
        Strong beer is the milk of the old."
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
        X