Beverage Air BM23 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverage Air BM23 build

Hey guys, I asked a lot of questions so I felt like it was time to contribute.

A friend and I purchased a 20 year old Beverage-Air BM23 that was in bad shape. It was dirty, kept outside and not run for a year, and worst of all; home to a million spiders. The only thing it had going for it was that it still got cold.

Here's what we started with:

Comment

After some deep cleaning we got it to this point:

And now that we got the inside cleaned up a bit, we decided to do some painting:

Comment

Comment

Got all new hardware to replace the rusty old stuff:

Got some naval jelly (which cleaned up the rust pretty nicely), filled holes with spray foam, and bleached all the plastic stuff:

Comment

Comment

We had some issues with the door not shutting right and the wall of the cooler not being solid, so you will see the bracket we used to strengthen it up, as well the bracket we had on the outside in the painting picture above.

We took everything apart and got it cleaned up with PBW:

Comment

Got a package:

Comment

But it was about that time I got some bad news. I plugged it in and fans all worked but it wouldn't get cold anymore. After a night of reading and help from the forums, I ordered a 3-1:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I didn't take any pictures, but in with a hope and a prayer we hooked it up and presto! Compressor kicked on! Its cold again, best 10 bucks I have ever spent. BIG THANKS TO PVS6 and ICEMAN FOR THEIR HELP WITH THIS!!!

Heres the part installed, I didn't have any zip ties so it looks bad, but I will clean it up:

Now we had to move to reassembly, mounted the tower, replaced the o rings, and sealed er up with as much silicone and foil tape I could use:

Last edited by iamjk123; 08-21-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Ran the lines:

Cleaned the kegs it came with:

Comment

And drum roll pleaseeee:

Comment

Looks great, you should remove the duct tape sealing the tower. You want the tower to breathe, the return air needs to come back from cooling the shanks.
                        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
                          Looks great, you should remove the duct tape sealing the tower. You want the tower to breathe, the return air needs to come back from cooling the shanks.

Thanks man, will do

Comment

Nice job on the restoration. So much fun to get to see how things worked out so thanks for keeping this updated some people get advice and never post again so you're left wondering if it helped or not. Don't forget djc warning not to seal the base of the tower. Also do you intend to serve 2 or 3 kegs at a time? If so with this set up they would all need to require the same Psi to balance because there is only the single reg. Since you invested so much effort thus far I will be surprised if you also didn't finish the project by adding a regulator bank to supply individual pressures to all 3 kegs. Curious will this be residing indoors or out?

Comment

Originally posted by pvs6 View Post
                              Nice job on the restoration. So much fun to get to see how things worked out so thanks for keeping this updated some people get advice and never post again so you're left wondering if it helped or not. Don't forget djc warning not to seal the base of the tower. Also do you intend to serve 2 or 3 kegs at a time? If so with this set up they would all need to require the same Psi to balance because there is only the single reg. Since you invested so much effort thus far I will be surprised if you also didn't finish the project by adding a regulator bank to supply individual pressures to all 3 kegs. Curious will this be residing indoors or out?
                              Well we plan on running 3 kegs at once but this is how the guy had it before us so i figured it would work, can i run it without regulator splitter? Definitely plan on adding it in the future but im pretty tapped out (pun totally intended) at the moment with this project.

Also it will live the rest of its life comfortably in my air conditioned home. 👌🏻

Comment

Working...
                              X