TDB-24-48-1-g-1 Kegerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDB-24-48-1-g-1 Kegerator

I recently purchased this kegerator on Craigslist. Upon plugging it in and running it, within in a few days I noticed there was a bit of water. I checked the seals on both doors, one seal was torn a bit and replaced it. After replacing the seal and a month later I am still dealing with condensation. The little water doesn't worry me but my concern/question is how much electricity does this kegerator use? This is a 3 tap which the prior owner installed an attachment to make it a 3 tap that goes on top of the tower. I tested it and the compressor runs every 15 minutes and it runs for about 20 minutes or so, i used a Kill-a Watt and in July it used up about 55$ worth of electricity. Is this normal? I've ran a few kegs and had no issues with foam but wanted more info if anyone has any on this model.

Does yours have glass doors? They are not as efficient and some energy lost through them is to be expected ie: higher electric usage. This is a big unit with a lot of space to cool so $50. a month may not be out of line. It's a nice looking unit and seems to have great reviews online.

Comment

pvs6- yes it has one glass door but if the 50$ it uses is on the normal then I guess I won't worry about it as much since it does keep my keg nice and cold and use the glass door for my bottles/cans. Thanks

Comment

Thinking about this and unless your pay high electric rates for kWH this might be higher than expected. This shouldn't require more electricity than your refig. Hook your Kill a Watt to the fig. and compare. I have no experience with this unit or glass doors so you should disregard my earlier thought that $50 might not be out of line.

Comment

I use to have a Sanyo kegerator 1206 and a Haier running at the same time and It would cost about 2$ each a month. I know the compressor turns on every 15 minutes and runs for 25 minutes. I am wondering if I should get it serviced so they can take a look at it? I do see water spots from under of the doors before and after I replaced the door gasket. I just ordered an "Eva-dry humidifier", i read that works for condensation and hopefully get it tomorrow.

Comment

It being used did you inspect or clean the evaporator? If you put your hand on the glass door is it noticeably cold? And your sure about the numbers $55.? Your right that must be too high. I am trying to imagine what would cause that much current draw since upon reflection I'd guess it should be half that at least. High resistance in the compressor might explain it but you'd think the thermo breaker would trip.

Comment

I never checked the evaporator coil, i actually don't even know where that is located LOL. I did clean the condenser coils and have the temp set at 3 which cools it down to about 36 degrees on avg. The glass is door is cold and so is the tower, i forgot to mention that the prior owner had drilled a hole so he can keep the c02 tank outside but I put in a gasket to cover the hole and put some tape over it but I don't feel anymore coming out of there. Here is a picture of the unit
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Nice fully stocked already good job. Is this in the basement or in a un condition garage. Outside heat and cooling loss through the door will add to operating cost. If it sits for days without use you could just drape a blanket on top and down over the door to help retain cooling. You unit looks pretty sweet and is making me jealous.

Comment

I have it in the Garage and it is not air conditioned, I finally received my humidifier and I put it on saturday. I guess I'll wait until it the weather cools down to gauge the costs. I know yesterday it was really hot and according to the Kill a watt it cost me $1.89 to run it LOL. I guess if I want great cold beer that's a price I'll have to pay and I guess it's worth it LOL.

Comment

Working...
                  X