Newbie Danby Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Danby Question

Hello all! I am completely new to the scene. I have a few questions about the Danby Chill 'N Tap. I was given a Danby for free that shows an EE error after about ten seconds of running. From lurking and reading on here, I assume the display board is shot. If I purchase an external temp controller, can I use the Danby without buying another board for it? I have read most of the Danby sticky, but didn't see this addressed. I am comfortable doing electrical work. I don't care if the temperature works on the stock screen, I would just like it to be on to use as an indicator. Thanks!
    Last edited by t-rod; 07-15-2016, 01:39 PM.

I think I found what I am looking for. I would use post #100 in the Sticky, correct?

Comment

Lurking is considered cool here.
      Yes external will be a solution no board needed.
      You will find the necessary instruction inside the lengthy Danby post. It's pretty easy and not too time consuming.

Comment

Somewhere, a user named Pismo bypassed his control board by using a cord wired into the compressor before the overload. You may want to search the forum for his post as it was a very simple approach for anyone wanting to use a plugin thermostat.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Well, I got the Danby running by cutting red and black wires from lower control board and splicing them together. I'm gonna do some more tinkering and see if I can get the lower board only to run, so the internal fan will work. If I can't do this, I will just buy a 110V fan and wire it in. On a good note, the Johnson ETC works like a dream!

Comment

Working...
          X